Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eggoodwin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:07:56 AM(UTC)
eggoodwin

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher won't empty after the rinse cycle. I emptied the water by hand. I checked the drainage hoses and they are clear. I tried to restart the dishwasher, putting it on the wash cycle. No water comes in but it runs. Could the trouble be in the control panel? If so, how do I remove this and find the problem? I cannot afford the $95 service call fee and will have to repair it myself.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kawfeeman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:35:29 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

what happens now ? is there water in the d/w or not ? what is the noise ? is it the drain pump running ? is there water in the white basin beneath the stainless steel tank ?
eggoodwin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:13:37 PM(UTC)
eggoodwin

No water in the d/w at all. I sponged it all out when it would not empty after the rinse cycle. Then I started it on the wash cycle again, and no water enters. The sound, and I am very new to repairing appliances, is just the sound of the dishwasher running. I really do not know what a pump sounds like.
kawfeeman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:49:14 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

sounds like you have water in the white plastic basin beneath the stainless tank in the area with the styrofoam float ... need to cut power , remove water from that area under stainless tank from left side all the way to the right side beneath circ pump... then run d/w and see if you can tell where the water came .. ( also, hit cancel /drain ) and see if the water goes out the drain hose...
eggoodwin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 12:12:04 PM(UTC)
eggoodwin

I have the dishwasher pulled out finally but I cannot see the area you are referring to. I have taken the side panel off. Do I have to get underneath the dishwasher to access this area?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply