Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
steve 89  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2009 7:23:32 AM(UTC)
steve 89

Groups: Registered

Hello, our dishwasher is starting to not respond if you push a wash cycle. It only works when you push the start/cancel one on the front,then it does the short wash at 38 mins. None of the buttons on the top respond.thanks alot
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2009 11:11:11 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for MAYTAG MDB9750AWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a service manual and a tech sheet
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16022783.pdf
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16023227.pdf

Sounds like either the control board or the keypad.
Try removing power from the unit to see if it will reset.
Try running the diagnostics.
Try the below:

RIBBON CABLE CLEANING
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.

If all the above does nothing, remove and check the keypad with a meter if it measures OK I would order the control board as it has the highest odds of being the culprit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
steve 89  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:21:48 AM(UTC)
steve 89

Thanks alot, I will do that this evening and get back with you ,,it wouldn't do anything last night when we tried to wash a load of dishes. I 'll let you know,,,
steve 89  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:33:58 AM(UTC)
steve 89

Hello again, I did the cleaning and tried the diagnostics. Seems that not all the buttons didn't respond on the top when going threw the sequence. I powered it back up and pushed the start ,it started the quick wash but no lights on top will light, even the display on the front won't count down when doing that wash cycle either. I let it go threw that cycle and it did light up on the top that it was done though. The motor ,water pump and all seem to work,,,hope this helps.thanks
denman  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:14:15 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
It is a bit of a crap shoot as to whether the control board or the keypad is the problem.

Only way to narrow it down is to do the keypad continuity checks with a meter as shown in the diagnostics. If it reads OK then I would replace the control board first.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
steve 89  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:02:33 PM(UTC)
steve 89

ok I'll try that ,,thanks alot
Davindram  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 4:22:17 AM(UTC)
Davindram

Maytag Quiet series 300, 2007 vintage. The membrane pad buttons did not work; or I should say some worked, some didn't.
I replaced the board on the advice of the maytag man. It fixed nothing.
I checked out the Panel-Con using an ohm meter per the instructions on the the schematics taped to the bottom kick plate. It did not check out.
Testing the ribbon cable is not simple. The traces on the ribbon cable are very small and hard to get a reading on. If you follow the the trace up the ribbon, there are wide spots in the trace which you can get the ohm-meter probes on. Imagine trying to hold the probes on two microscopic traces and push the start button all at once.
I replaced the membrane panel ($152) even though I wasn't sure of my testing competence. The dishwasher works!!
Moral of the story-- check out the panel even if it is difficult.
steve 89  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2009 5:33:20 PM(UTC)
steve 89

Sounds like we have the same problem, I am in the process of checking the panel control now,,I will post later thanks alot
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply