Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
glenewilliams  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:50:37 AM(UTC)
glenewilliams

Groups: Registered

Had been discussing my leaking dishwasher with Denman. He seems very knowledgeable and helpful, but turns out that it was not either possible problem he and I had discussed. The leak is coming from the bottom right corner of the door seal. I have not looked for part #'s on replacement of this yet, but I noticed there are two black rubber seal pieces the meet with the door seal when the door is closed, one on the left and one on the right. If I replace the door seal, should I also replace these two pieces?
Also in the back of my mind, I am wondering if maybe the float is allowing the water level to become to high and assisting the leak, but if that were happening, the door seal should still stop the leaking right?

Thanks,
Glen Williams
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 5:55:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Glen,

If the door seal is not visibly damaged then it's probably good. If the "black rubber seal pieces" are in place then forget about them. An excessive amount of water can cause such water leak as well as a suds or bubbles in water. The normal water level for this model supposed to be between 3/8" to 1" above the hub (the hub is the raised portion the wash arm turns on). The float stuck with grease is very common problem for GE dishwashers. You have to remove the float dome to check it. A suds or bubbles can be created because of leaking rinse aid container or a dishwashing soap came inside the dishwasher from a dishes rinsed prior to load into the dishwasher.

Another thing which can cause it is the door is not locked tight enough. You can adjust it moving the latch keeper (#50 on the diagram).

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply