Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Anna Banana  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:14:34 PM(UTC)
Anna Banana

Groups: Registered

I accidentally broke off the tower spray arm. The plastic parts are old and stiff. I will need a new tower spray arm. The old parts on top of the tower spray arm are OK, but I don't know how to take them off the old part so I can attach them to the new tower spray arm.

1. How should I take off parts 11,12,13?
2. How should I reattach 11, 12, and 13 to the new tower spray arm?

3. How do I snap the new tower spray arm to the part below. The part below is old and stiff.

I have read a previous post saying to turn it. Did I break off a clip to hold the tower spray arm in place, or is the tower equipped with it's own clip?

Anna B.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:27:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The new spray tower comes with new parts 11, 12 & 13. You do not have to play with them.

UserPostedImage

There are two locking tabs on the bottom of the spray tower

UserPostedImage

Insert the spray tower in the central cell of the dish rack and turn it CW.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG MDB6000AWB | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Anna Banana  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:34:01 PM(UTC)
Anna Banana

I have already ordered all the parts. I'm wondering why, if it comes together as a single unit already, why I am being charged for 3 extra parts.

Thank you for your help. I sincerely appreciate it. Now comes the hard part, seeing if I can attach it myself.

Anita
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:32:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I do not think it's going to be hard. We will smile after you'll do it. :)

Gene.
ShadesI  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:28:32 AM(UTC)
ShadesI

I am generally a very good technical person, but try as I may I simply cannot figure out how to install the spray tower without a visual.

I cannot get the tower to be flush with the wire rack... the tabs on one side or the other will not go into the opening. Once I managed to get them all under, but there was no way that it would turn at all (which leads me to believe I was doing something wrong).

I certainly don't want to break something and spend another $70 for a tower, so please give me something beyond the technical drawings to give me an idea of how to do this. How should they align before and after turning?
Anna Banana  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:35:02 AM(UTC)
Anna Banana

Originally Posted by: ShadesI Go to Quoted Post
I am generally a very good technical person, but try as I may I simply cannot figure out how to install the spray tower without a visual.

I cannot get the tower to be flush with the wire rack... the tabs on one side or the other will not go into the opening. Once I managed to get them all under, but there was no way that it would turn at all (which leads me to believe I was doing something wrong).

I certainly don't want to break something and spend another $70 for a tower, so please give me something beyond the technical drawings to give me an idea of how to do this. How should they align before and after turning?

I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. But after I did it, it was so simple.
1. take the silverware basket out of the bottom wire rack
2. remove the old tower assembly
3. see the cliplike plastic extensions on the bottom of the tower?
4. place the new tower assembly at a 45 degree angle to the opening from the top of the rack.
5. Twist the tower assembly into place so it comes in at a 90 degree angle, just twisting 45 degrees.
6. It's done when it just clicks into place.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply