Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brian44  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:02:04 PM(UTC)
brian44

Groups: Registered

My Bosch dishwasher runs even when the door is open. When we start a new cycle it won't fill with water. Seems like it is stuck in a drain cycle. Last time we used it it didn't shut off at the end of the cycle. the timer was 0 but it just ran until we pushed using the on/off switch shutting it off.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kawfeeman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:53:38 PM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

probably water in pan beneath the tank... there is a styrofoam float that rises with water and it pushes on a plunger that engages a microswitch... water in the base can be from a leak from the circulation pump , instantaneous water heater ( flow through ) or even occasionally from too much detergent ( DO NOT PRERINSE w/ Bosch d/w's )...
ffcarpy  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 6:53:08 PM(UTC)
ffcarpy

We are expereincing the exact same problem with our bosch that is less than 2 yrs old. It broke 8 weeks ago (before thansgiving and christmas)and sears has had service guys out here several times to replace parts but it still does the same thing. If I fill the basin of the dishwasher with water it will drain the water out most of the time. The door switch has no effect of stopping operation (only the on/off switch). Sometimes the dishwasher will start to wash and then the water will drain out and you can here the pump sucking air. It's not the control panel, door switch, or pump that is the problem. Anyone have any ideas before we tell sears to give us a $500 credit and buy a new one?
kawfeeman  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 4:46:43 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

what is the brand, bosch or kenmore ?
ffcarpy  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 5:01:12 AM(UTC)
ffcarpy

it is a kenmore that was made by bosch
brian44  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:08:50 PM(UTC)
brian44

I just used paper towels and wicked all of the moisture from in the catch basin under the dishwasher and it cured the problem. I am assuming the moisture got there from a door seal that leaked because of crud on it. A person has to reach in both sides under the dish washer and get out any moisture from in the catch pan.
kawfeeman  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:30:57 PM(UTC)
kawfeeman

run the d/w a few times and verify that no more water accumulates in that basin...
wdos  
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 2:48:52 PM(UTC)
wdos

:) my bosch dishwasher had the same problem.

The DW must be removed. there is a metal plate on the right side that must be removed. There are two floats, one styrofoam one in the large lower drain pan that is under the whole DW and another plastic one within a plastic holder on the side. there are two red extensions from the floats to the switch. If either one is "up" then the drain pump operates continuously regardless of the power switch. My unit had built up calcium in the small plastic float and it it got stuck in the up position. Just disassemble and clean it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply