Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LCharlier  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 4:27:17 AM(UTC)
LCharlier

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher was working fine but now won't start - no lights - no nothing! Performed a couple of cursory checks so far:

• Took off front panel and checked door switch operation for on/off continuity. Tests fine.
  • Disconnected main power connection and instead applied power directly to switch and common ground (according to schematic). Still dead.

Cannot find manual online for this model but have crude schematic that comes in pouch inside unit. Unit does not APPEAR to have a fuse of any sort but I would love to hear someone tell me it does and subsequently find that it's blown. If not, it seems like I'm left with a defective pushbutton switch assembly, timer switch or perhaps a relay. Anything else I might check?

Thanks in advance for any-and-all assistance...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

stevemims  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 6:11:59 AM(UTC)
stevemims

i am having the same issue with a kitchen aid. i was wondering if it was the electronic control assembly, or the user interface.
LCharlier  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 12:04:14 PM(UTC)
LCharlier

Steve,

Unfortunately (fortunately?), my unit is a purely analog design with no control board, per se. The control assembly is purely electromechanical consisting of a pushbutton switch array, a rotary time switch/motor and a relay or two. The good thing about my design is that it is simpler and has no custom electronics to fail; the bad thing is that there appears to be no thermal fuse that I could easily replace protecting the fancy electronics.

While I realize that any replacement unit I might purchase will certainly be all electronic with numerous bells and whistles, the fact of the matter is that this current unit is/was the best performing dishwasher I've ever had (a treasonous admission coming from a computer engineer who loves technology). Good luck with your KitchenAid!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 2:59:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LCharlier Go to Quoted Post
Dishwasher was working fine but now won't start - no lights - no nothing! Performed a couple of cursory checks so far:

• Took off front panel and checked door switch operation for on/off continuity. Tests fine.
  • Disconnected main power connection and instead applied power directly to switch and common ground (according to schematic). Still dead.

Cannot find manual online for this model but have crude schematic that comes in pouch inside unit. Unit does not APPEAR to have a fuse of any sort but I would love to hear someone tell me it does and subsequently find that it's blown. If not, it seems like I'm left with a defective pushbutton switch assembly, timer switch or perhaps a relay. Anything else I might check?

Thanks in advance for any-and-all assistance...

There are no fuses in this dishwasher. You can check the pushbutton switch for continuity according to the schematic you have. If the switch is bad then it's time for a new dishwasher because this part is no longer available.

The timer can be bad as well, but not the relay. If the relay has gone bad then the dishwasher should still get water.

I would also check all wires inside the door and under the dishwasher.

Gene.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 3:01:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: stevemims Go to Quoted Post
i am having the same issue with a kitchen aid. i was wondering if it was the electronic control assembly, or the user interface.

The complete model number of the dishwasher and more specific information on the problem might help others to help you.

Gene.
stevemims  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 8:08:13 AM(UTC)
stevemims

It's a kitchen aid model KUDIO1FLSS5 and acts like it's not getting power. I verified at the electronic control panel that it's getting power, so I'm wondering what part most likely is faulty. Is it the electronic control module, or the user interface board?
Gene  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 1:09:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Steve,

There is a thermal fuse (#6 on the diagram) in your dishwasher. You have to check it for continuity and replace if it's open.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KUDI01FLSS5 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply