Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
uberplasma  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:55:58 AM(UTC)
uberplasma

Groups: Registered

Hi Everyone
New member here, from the world of electronics repair, searching for appliance info.
I want to rebuild the switch assembly on my Kenmore dishwasher, replace the failed push buttons with longer lasting switches, and basically remove the entire button/LED strip with new larger led's and switches that will sit under the original overlay,, but need the schematics for the ribbon assembly. Reason for this is that the frequently used functions do not repond any more (but can be triggered with jumpers) and financially I can't afford to replace the control unit, but have a good supply of leds and micro switches available. Are these schematics available? any links or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 6:04:05 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
See the attachment for the tech sheet.

This is about all that is available. They do not publish actual board schematics.

Since the ribbon cable connections show + and -, I would say that it is a diode matrix type keypad.
Problem is you will not know which tracks drive the LED's so will have to either trace or measure those.
File Attachment(s):
1359K600.pdf (173kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
uberplasma  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:58:11 AM(UTC)
uberplasma

Groups: Registered

Hey Denman
thanks for the info, that is terrible about the lack of schematics, i run into that as well in what i do, mostly TV's and related electronics, guess i will have to sit down and trace it all out, not too bad, smd diodes and leds are visible under a microscope but they were covered in epoxy or something or I could use them as well and be done in a few hours.
Thanks again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply