Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mauijim  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:08:57 PM(UTC)
mauijim

Groups: Registered

my 'quiet partner 2' has given me no problems ever until today.

heres the layout of the control panel-- to the left are the cycles- pots and pans, normal, light wash, and rinse only.

to the right are the 'options'-- soak and scour, high temp wash, sani rinse, and heated dry.

beside the options is a delay button with the numbers 2,4,and 6 over it.

to the right of delay is the on/off button.

to the far right is the rinse/drain button.

all the buttons are (i dont know) soft touch buttons. they're covered with plastic and stick out about an eighth of an inch, if that far. they dont stay in when pressed. each button has a green led light over it.

ok, that's the layout, now here's the problem--

the 'normal' cycle button light doesnt light up at all. when i press any of the other 3 cycle buttons, their lights come on, but nothing happens when i press 'off/on'.

i can press the 'rinse/drain' button and the motor comes on for a couple of minutes.

i can put in in a diagnostic mode (at least i think that's what i'm doing) when i press the 'sani rinse/heated dry' buttons over and over 4 times. then, ALL the lights light up, including the 'normal' cycle button.

when it's in this mode, it seems to step through all the cycles, operate the wax motor in the door, even flow a little water, i think. the element is pretty warm, but not blazing hot after this exercise.

but after it goes through all of that, the 'normal' cycle button light still doesnt light up when pressed, and i still cant make anything do anything, except the 'drain' thing.

any light that can be shed will be appreciated.

sorry this post is so long.

eric
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.