Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
technologic80  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 4:31:01 PM(UTC)
technologic80

Groups: Registered

Our Kitchenaid Dishwasher started making noises about a month ago during *any and every cycle*. In other words, from the minute its full of water and starts washing, draining, rinsing, etc... It makes a very loud dry bearing type sound. :confused:

I have deduced that its the motor itself, as when I pulled the dishwasher away from the wall and looked underneath, its apparent that something had a slow leak for a while. It never leaked enough to make it from under the dishwasher for me to noice, but just enough to get the motor all wet. I bet the bearings/something rusted. Ironically, this all started when I got back for a 3 week vacation - probably enough time for water to sit down there on the motor and rust.

I have found the motor part #3376765. About $150 new, wowza.

How can I be absolutely sure its the motor? Also, can I replace the motor without disassembling the whole sump from the tub itself? Any tips or advice would be very graciously appreciated!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.