Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MMW  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 4:59:48 PM(UTC)
MMW

Groups: Registered

Our dishwasher was serviced as part of the Maytag soap dispenser recall. We have noticed it has not been working correctly. We were troubleshooting the problem and found the wired connection from the heater element to limit thermostat has been cut/disconnected. Does anyone know if this is due to the safety recall? Would it be safe to reconnect? Thanks!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

okbobcats  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 5:21:55 PM(UTC)
okbobcats

Groups: Senior Expert

no all the wire should be hook up. who did your recall work?
MMW  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 5:55:04 PM(UTC)
MMW

A & E....SET UP THRU Maytag.
okbobcats  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:44:27 AM(UTC)
okbobcats

Groups: Senior Expert

I would call them and let them know what you found. sounds like someone forgot something or did not know what they we doing.
MMW  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:59:25 AM(UTC)
MMW

Yeah....maybe I should send them a service bill!!! Dumb thing about it...they did repair @ end of July. Since I almost always set it on delay & run it @night...I didn't really know it wasn't right. I had noticed the dishes weren't as dry/warm when I unloaded. I suspected something might be wrong. I guess since we have our water heater thermostat turned up that supplies to this unit, the water temp of 140 was doing its job. It wasn't til a couple weeks ago we noticed it running for a LONG time when I ran during the day. The heat delay light was on. We took the troubleshooting steps...was sure it was the element or thermostat. Checked this website for costs of parts (which were reasonable). Good thing we got our ohm meter out and were in process of testing continuity before ordering!! Much to our surprise we didn't have to look far...the cut wire was obvious as soon as we opened the panel. I also had called a couple servicers to see what they charged to replace the element/thermostat...estimated labor/parts $200-250. Thanks so much for affirming the connection was ok. I will refer this website to others!!!
AllynEdwards  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2009 3:31:29 PM(UTC)
AllynEdwards

no one has worked on it . I just noticed it was not connected.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply