Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
handydave  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:41:29 AM(UTC)
handydave

Groups: Registered

I've seen a few threads that relate to my issue. My dishwasher began to shut off mid cycle and then randomly restart hours later. When it shuts off (always with water in the base of the unit), all the panel lights go out, but if you press on the door or jiggle the handle, you can get them to come back on temporality, but you can't get the unit to restart. Recycling power does not reset the unit. I ran thru a test procedure that came with the control panel I ordered (press the heated dry button 5 times then start). The unit started, all lights cycled thru in sequence while the heated dry light flashed. Then after a few minutes , the unit shut off (no lights). The test procedures did not indicate what this actually meant, however.

The door latch was broken and was replaced. 3/4 or the tabs on the control panel that act as a seat for the latch (horrible design by the way) were also broken, but did not appear to be a cause for this issue. I figured the control board ($110) was the culprit, but replacing it did not solve the problem. Only other option I've seen in any similar threads is to replace the control panel on the front of the unit. Any reason a senor or some other electrical unit might be causing the thing to shut down and restart on its own. The fact that I can get lights to turn on and off by manipulating the door indicates that the problem has to be in the door.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.