Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevlar  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 4:10:52 PM(UTC)
kevlar

Groups: Registered

I never get the dishwasher to drain , the bottom is always full I checked hoses and they are not plugged , I changed the Drain Solenoid and it still is not draining . Is there something I am missing? Is ther a impeller somewhere??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ripleys  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 4:29:51 PM(UTC)
ripleys

Groups: Senior Expert

Check inside the dishwasher at the back of the tub, there should be a long filter with 4 1/4 head screws. Remove that filter and it will expose a piston/nut assembly. It will unscrew counter clockwise with a pair of needle nose pliers. You may find that there is a rubber plunger type of material that has disintagrated over time and that piston/nut will need to be replaced as that causes a slow to no drain situation when faulty. Hope this helps.
kevlar  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 4:46:17 PM(UTC)
kevlar

Groups: Registered

Hey i just took out the filter and got the piston part out it seems like it works but i see no reubber parts i mena the spring is fine and there is some white residue i assume that is the rubber but if it is open does that not drain or does it use a vacuum type reaction . anyway where can i get the part? thanks
ripleys  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 4:49:41 PM(UTC)
ripleys

That white residue is what's left of the rubber seal which is part of the piston/nut. Replace that part and it should drain 100%.
ripleys  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 4:54:39 PM(UTC)
ripleys

The part # is WD24X10018. The part costs no more than 10.00 canadian. Any appliance part dealer will be able to help you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply