Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
glmy78  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:55:19 PM(UTC)
glmy78

Groups: Registered

My name is Garrett. My dishwasher smells like something is burning the last 2 times it has run. It has always had a problem with the soap dispensor opening when it runs. The electric is also a little touchy as the power cord was just long enough to connect, so sometimes it loses power for a second. Any ideas on why it would smell like burning when it runs would be much appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:53:26 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: glmy78 Go to Quoted Post
My name is Garrett. My dishwasher smells like something is burning the last 2 times it has run. It has always had a problem with the soap dispensor opening when it runs. The electric is also a little touchy as the power cord was just long enough to connect, so sometimes it loses power for a second. Any ideas on why it would smell like burning when it runs would be much appreciated.

Garret,

The first thing you need to resolve is, your power supply, Loose connections, fluctuating power , etc. create all kinds of overheating, low or high wattage problems etc. You really need to solve that issue first. A short, heavy duty, extension cord or a longer power cord may be a easy method to solve the issue.
Make sure the dishwasher is filling properly on all cycles, It could be the water heating option trying to heat the water, and theres none there. Otherwise we're back to possible damage to electrical components, due to the power supply issues.

Thanks and Good Luck,
:) :) :)
glmy78  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 7:19:34 PM(UTC)
glmy78

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Garret,

The first thing you need to resolve is, your power supply, Loose connections, fluctuating power , etc. create all kinds of overheating, low or high wattage problems etc. You really need to solve that issue first. A short, heavy duty, extension cord or a longer power cord may be a easy method to solve the issue.
Make sure the dishwasher is filling properly on all cycles, It could be the water heating option trying to heat the water, and theres none there. Otherwise we're back to possible damage to electrical components, due to the power supply issues.

Thanks and Good Luck,

Thanks for the advice. I got a chance to look at it and the hot wire had been taped on to hold it tight because the screw holding the hot wire was stripped. It was duct tape and it was burning. That was the smell. So i removed the duct tape and put a new screw in to hold the hot wire. I ran the dishwasher and there was no smell. Thanks for your help.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:27:24 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: glmy78 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the advice. I got a chance to look at it and the hot wire had been taped on to hold it tight because the screw holding the hot wire was stripped. It was duct tape and it was burning. That was the smell. So i removed the duct tape and put a new screw in to hold the hot wire. I ran the dishwasher and there was no smell. Thanks for your help.

Glmy,

Great job,

We're glad we were able to assist.

Hopefully, all will be good from here on out.

Good Luck,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply