Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smsoe  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 12:00:23 PM(UTC)
smsoe

Groups: Registered

The dishwasher stopped mid-cycle, no lights on at all. My wife had thought she had smelled a burning smell in previous uses, but I'm not sure. I removed the control module, all looks good, nothing smells burnt. It acts as if the control module power source is gone; the 120v input to the dishwasher is fine. I'm assuming the control module has it's own DC power source. I reinstalled it, applied AC power, pushed the on/off switch to ON and the lights came on for a short time, then started to flicker, then went out. With the door closed, I could hear a relay on the module clicking but nothing happened. I'm guessing that the module needs replacing, but it's quite expensive and it would be good to have a second opinion before I purchase a new one. Is there some other part in the dishwasher that could load down the module and cause the lights to go out?
Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 2:26:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Check if there is 120VAC from the "on-off" switch to the control module while the door is locked and the switch is "on".

If there is correct voltage then the control module most likely is bad.

If the voltage is incorrect then you have to trace the power from the power cord connection (under the dishwasher) to the control module.

You also can use the troubleshooting manual from one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...troubleshoot-manual.html

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for BOSCH SHU9915 UC/11 (FD 8002-8003) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
smsoe  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 6:25:15 PM(UTC)
smsoe

Groups: Registered

The symptoms pointed to the control module (flickering lights) but the real culprit was the connection to the power cord in the junction box behind the kick plate. One wire nut had actually melted, leaving maybe one strand of wire still connected! Not enough to support the needed current but enough to barely power the lights. Poorly done installtion 5 years ago and it just now failed. Re-connected the power cable with new wire nuts and it works fine!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2009 3:17:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
We are glad you were able to fix it and it was that simple.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply