Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Airick  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:29:02 AM(UTC)
Airick

Groups: Registered

Took a dishwasher from my parents house to install in a new house my wife and I purchased. After the move & install, the dishwasher started to leak. Being a good handy husband but knowing nothing of appliance repair, I pulled it out and did a little investigating and found a good amount of lime scale (?) / corrosion underneath along with wet wires (under the door going to and from). It seemed as if it were coming from the door not sealing properly when closed and after removing the inside of the door, my thoughts were confirmed.

This leak was substantial but we never saw any water, especially like this, when it was installed at my folks place. I put the door back on and put the dishwasher back in and just before I went out to purchase a new one, figured I'd give it one more try. Turns out that I had managed to somehow fix the leak in doing nothing but removing the inner face of the door and putting it back on.

Fast forward to the 3rd wash cycle since accidentally fixing the leak and the problem is back, again with a substantial amount of water. I need it fixed by tomorrow (Sunday 9/18/11). Do I just buy a used one on Craigslist for $100 or try to fix this leaky door?

By the way, the door has been pulled up and off of its mounting a few times as my father, who is paraplegic, has accidentally pulled up on it somehow. I have had to put it back on but I am wondering if the few times that has been done and the subsequent trying to force close it has compromised the seal?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.