Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kspdm  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:15:55 AM(UTC)
kspdm

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher stopped working near the end of a cycle about three weeks ago and it won't start up again. The cycle-selection buttons on the top all seem to work fine but the buttons on the front of the unit (cancel and start) are not functional.

I've checked the thermal fuse with a multimeter - I'm a secretary and not very handy so this was a major feat! I think it's fine....t(he dial arm on the meter moved about 2/3 over to the right).

I've checked to make sure that the door is closing properly and that seems fine too.

I found online how to start a diagnostic cycle and I've done that several times.....not sure what that does though. The digital display read: 12,5,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.

I'm considering buying a new "overlay" and/or a new "interconnect" but honestly these are just guesses based on what I've read online.

Oh and I also was going to check the thermostat based on something I read online but I couldn't find it even using the parts diagram as a guide.

Any guidance at all would be very appreciated. I'm so tired of doing dishes for my family of six by hand - Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.