Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcdick  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:57:43 PM(UTC)
jcdick

Groups: Registered

I recently had a problem with my dishwasher where it wasn't cleaning properly. After investigating I found very little or no water going into the machine. I replaced the water fill valve and now I have lots of water. The replacement part I got was not a direct replacement but a generic as I was told my original was obsolete. The issue I have now is that when the machine fills the water leaks out of the plastic piece at the side of the tank. I was surprised to see this piece is open at the top. It has small baffles inside. I noticed a couple of other threads in this forum that mentioned this part but I am not sure exactly what it is. I have attemped to seal this up and it seems to have helped. The leak is now very minimal if at all. My question is, does this piece have a function that it needs to be open? Is it to allow for air? If that is the case is it possible that I now have too much water flow with this replacement valve? What steps can I take to prevent the water from splashing out of here?

The rest of the machine still works very well and now that I have lots of water going into the machine it cleans very well.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.