Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BlaneR  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2009 6:21:38 PM(UTC)
BlaneR

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool (not-so-)Quiet Partner I (1) started making a fairly loud grinding noise while running in its regular cycle. Happened one other time a few months ago, but quit before I could get home to hear it myself. Coming from the pump area, but nothing obvious. Pulled it out of the cabinet and checked it over. Felt like something was dragging when the motor spun by hand. Got it to spin rather freely by adding a washer on each motor mounting screw, but still make grinding sound when powered on for run cycle. If anyone has a manual that might help that they would like to share, please do. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:42:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the lower spray arm and the pump outlet (#14 on the diagram)

Check for a broken glass inside. Remove the wash impeller (#11) and the filter (#9). Check the chopper and its spring.

Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL DU915PWKQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
BlaneR  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 11:42:49 AM(UTC)
BlaneR

Gene, Boy, where's the Chiltons manual when you need it... OK, I got it apart, and there was a chewed and wadded up piece of metal under the filter in with the chopper. Chopper and spring look OK. There were two white balls about the size of small marbles in the pump discharge. I'm presuming that they are part of a ball-check valve assembly, since there looked to be a 'receptacle' for such when I turned the filter over. Please advise if this is not the case. I'll wait to put it all together until I hear back from you. Getting that impeller off was a bear. Thanks! Peace, Blane
BlaneR  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 11:57:35 AM(UTC)
BlaneR

Tried to upload a picture I took, but it's not showing as attached.

OK, never mind on the two balls. I see them in the exploded drawing of the pump now.
BlaneR  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 1:18:06 PM(UTC)
BlaneR

Still makes grinding noise, but nothing to the amount that was before. Also, only makes it sometimes, particularly when draining. Which brings up another issue - draining. Why would it drain the compartment completely sometimes, but not others. More often than not, there is water left in the bottom after a cycle completes.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 3:05:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Disconnect the drain hose from the pump. Unscrew and inspect the check valve (#15 on the diagram) Check the drain hose from end to end.

Gene.
itsbroken  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 9:10:26 PM(UTC)
itsbroken

Originally Posted by: BlaneR Go to Quoted Post
Tried to upload a picture I took, but it's not showing as attached.

OK, never mind on the two balls. I see them in the exploded drawing of the pump now.

I just replaced my motor and have the same question on the two balls. Do they both just go loosely in the hole shown in the diagram or does one go underneath the sump cover in the track?

My model number is du915pwps0 but the diagram looks just like the one that is linkded above.
dgdl441  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:41:03 AM(UTC)
dgdl441

thanks for coming our site: nike,nike shoes,jordan shoes-www.nikeok.com , best quality and customer service here!be pleased to inform you,we just updated our site products online, and now you can place order and get a good deal with discount price online, below some changes for your informations;1. all items with reasonable prices, and easy to order.2, if you order over 120usd, all items will be free shipping.3, for above 200usd order, we hv a special gifts for every packages.our shipping service as following;a. payment: Paypal/western union/money gramb. shipping way: EMS,USPS,DHLc. shipping time: about 3-5daysd. deliver model: door deliveryyou can place order online, we will get your order details when you finish order online,thanks for your time!all the bestqingcustomer service rep.nike,nike shoes,jordan shoes-www.nikeok.com
BlaneR  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:23:53 AM(UTC)
BlaneR

Mine just went in the hole as shown on the diagram. I know, it didn't seem to be right when I saw it, but that's where they go. It's part of a ball check valve they put in there. After I put it back together, it worked like a champ!
jw4wellness  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:49:41 PM(UTC)
jw4wellness

Canada

HI how do you remove it if the 1/4 inch screw is so stuck that the adjustable wrench keeps slipping on the plastic nut on the impeller? The plastic nut broke and is very hard to remove. Thank you
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply