Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimhokie  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 5:12:26 PM(UTC)
jimhokie

Groups: Registered

Our dishwasher has stopped working...it adds a small amount of water into the bottom and then does nothing more. The last few times it ran, we noticed it was much louder than usual when it ran. I attempted to take it apart to see if something solid may have jammed in the impeller, but I only got as far as removing the bottom spray bar when I encountered the screws that require a special tool that I don't own. My wife is clumsy and frequently breaks glasses putting them into or removing them from the dishwasher, so I theorized a small piece of glass was lodged at the pump inlet, making the initial noise, which eventually jammed the impeller preventing it from turning.

When I hit the cancel button, it drains the water. So basically all it does is add a small amount of water (about an inch or so--is this the normal level?) when the start button is pushed and then stops, and will drain when the cancel button is pushed. I presume there is a smaller pump that does the draining? There is no flashing lights to indicate a fault code.

Any suggestions for what may be wrong with it, and what the special screwdriver tool I need to get down to the pump is called, hoping it is something I can find in a hardware store? (If in fact that is called for.)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.