Discuss

Bosch Dishwasher Sap Tray doesn't pop open

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

I have a Bosch dishwasher that I purchased four years ago. The soap tray dispenser is not popping open during

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » Bosch Dishwasher Sap Tray doesn't pop open

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 11:27 AM

montagequeen is on a distinguished road
Default Bosch Dishwasher Sap Tray doesn't pop open
Brand: Bosch   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Bosch dishwasher that I purchased four years ago. The soap tray dispenser is not popping open during the cycle. I don't know if I need a new spring, or I need to replace the whole tray. The item # is SHU33A02UC
How do I fix this?

Where do I find the model number? Is it 1150-C3

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Answered here: Bosch Dishwasher Soap Tray doesn't pop open

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 PM

jmccs is on a distinguished road

I found this forum during a search because I have the same problem: my Bosch dishwasher is about five years old. Over the past few months, the soap door sometimes was not opening. At first it was every once in a while, but has gotten worse and now it rarely opens at all. If I manually press the release it pops open and slides to the side, so I don't think the spring is the problem. Also, I can't remember the last time I had to refill the rinse aid dispenser. I used to have to fill it every few weeks, but it has been at least two months now since the "fill" message has displayed. Since the rinse aid and soap dispensers are part of the same unit, I'm wondering if this is an electrical problem.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

In order to provide most accurate advise I need the complete model number of the dishwasher. Post it as a new thread, please.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 08-25-2008, 07:42 PM

emb0807 is on a distinguished road

I also have the same problem. My model number is SHU66C07. The door will stay shut when you close it and will release when the blue button is manually pressed. Is there any way to fix this without having to replace the entire soap dispenser?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 PM

Bill Conner is on a distinguished road
Default Dispenser replacement

I am having the same problem as several others with the soap dispenser. I dont mind buying another one ($56) but upon looking at it, it is not clear how to remove and replace. Can anybody be of help in this regard? Thanks, Bill
Old 09-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Hi Bill,

You can find the instructions in one of our previous posts: Bosch Detergent Dispenser

Gene.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:29 PM

Kittykathy is on a distinguished road
Default Bosch soap dispenser doesn't open - solution

My husband called Bosch. Their solution was to run Jet Dry Cleaner through the empty washer (follow directions on the bottle) at least twice.

The Jet Dry Cleaner removes hard water deposits.

I followed their instructions, bought two bottles, ran the hottest cycle twice and now my soap dispenser seems to be working.

I ran one load with the dispenser open and the other load with the dispenser closed.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:22 AM

SHellier is on a distinguished road

We purchased our bosch in March and occasionally, the dispenser has wet detergent left in it. Comments on another website suggested making sure that the dispenser cup is completely dry and that nothing is blocking the door from opening or the upper wash arm from spinning. I am going to try both of these approaches but based upon this thread I am wondering whether I should be calling a technician out while it is still under warranty.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 08-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

It's always better to call them while the unit is still under warranty than feel sorry.

Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.