Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
harmonicaman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:54:42 PM(UTC)
harmonicaman

Groups: Registered

Our neighbor gave us this used dishwasher, the Whirlpool DU915PWPS0. I've read a lot of negatives about it, but decided to install it anyway. Now it's installed, and it's not working. No lights, no nothing. It seems it's not getting power, but I'm a retired electrician, and measured power all the way to the wires with my meter.

I'm guessing it's the thermal fuse, but that's just a guess.

How does one take apart the door to get into the thermal fuse area? Is it just removing all those screws around the inside edge of the door?,,the ones with the torx heads?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 9:23:15 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL DU915PWPS0 UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet

If it is the fuse (Item 4 in Section 1) be sure to use the new harness that comes with the replacement.

Yes just remove the torx screws and the inside cover should come off.
Here is a manual which may come in handy.
http://appliancedigest.c...ishwasher-service-manual
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.
File Attachment(s):
DU915.pdf (173kb) downloaded 50 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
harmonicaman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:13:36 PM(UTC)
harmonicaman

Okay, I managed to remove the inner door, and gained access to the control panel area and the thermal cut off fuse. I metered the fuse and found continuity, so it looks good. I metered for voltage at the door latch, and found 120. I checked the operation of the switches on the latch, and found them to be okay. It's beginning to look as if the control panel, which has three 24V relays on it, may be the problem. I read somewhere that the relays might have developed bad contacts, so I'm going to try to test them.

It's just puzzling, having power, but nothing lighting up.

I'm a retired electrician, so I know my volts and ohms. Please help me to know what is the definitive test for this control board, to tell if it's good or faulty?
harmonicaman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:23:10 PM(UTC)
harmonicaman

Jeez. I'm not only a retired electrician, I'm also fairly dense, or forgetful it seems. I downloaded the pdf I got from the previous poster (denman), but neglected to look at it. I forgot about it and simply tucked it neatly away in a folder.

Sorry. I'm gonna pour over this pdf before asking any more questions.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply