Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lkost  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:39:36 PM(UTC)
lkost

Groups: Registered

I previously posted this problem over a year ago. The chopper screen continues to fill up with food scraps and fiberous materials even though we rinse the dishes off. Every two weeks I have to remove the screen, clean it and replace it. From reading the manual evidently water is supposed to flow back and forth through the screen to keep it from plugging. Is that the problem? Also the chopper blade has very little pressure against the screen, could that be the problem?. When I install the screen and chopper, I can turn the chopper blades without the shaft turning. Does the shaft only engage the chopper blades when water presure is present?

Larry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:23:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The chopper should NOT turn without the impeller shaft turning. The problem can be a bad chopper or a bad impeller shaft.

You may want to replace the chopper first just because this is easier job and the part cost much less.

- The chopper assembly Part number: AP3039186
Part number: AP3039186

- The circulation motor Part number: AP4434021
Part number: AP4434021

You can find more information in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...hirlpool-dishwasher.html

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KUDR01TJBL1 UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
lkost  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:05:49 PM(UTC)
lkost

:confused: How does the chopper assy engage the shaft? Where does the check valve go?

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The chopper should NOT turn without the impeller shaft turning. The problem can be a bad chopper or a bad impeller shaft.

You may want to replace the chopper first just because this is easier job and the part cost much less.

- The chopper assembly Part number: AP3039186
Part number: AP3039186

- The circulation motor Part number: AP4434021
Part number: AP4434021

You can find more information in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...hirlpool-dishwasher.html

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KUDR01TJBL1 UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:04:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lkost Go to Quoted Post
:confused: How does the chopper assy engage the shaft? Where does the check valve go?

The check valve is shown as #5 on the diagram, but why do you need it? It has nothing to do with the problem you described.

A small wrench or pliers may be used to assist in reinstallation of the chopper assembly. Compress the spring and insert the wrench between the blade and the perforated screen. Release the spring and position part into pump. Remove wrench and verify engagement of chopper shaft with impeller.

Gene.
lkost  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:40:52 PM(UTC)
lkost

Well, after reading all this stuff for over a year, I finally came to the realization that I kept mounting the chopper blade assembly in the wrong grove of the housing. Unbelieveable that it fits nicely in a grouve aprox 1/4 in farther away from the shaft so it never engages. I have a feeling from reading a lot of the comments that I may not be the only one who has experienced this error so I thought I would post my fopaw.:o
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply