Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Denis_D  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:40:38 AM(UTC)
Denis_D

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene,
I see that others are having similar dispenser door problems with their Bosch DWs when they get to be 3-5 years old. None (that I can see) have mentioed an addtional component to the problem that I have noticed with mine. It seems as though the culprit is an accumlulation of crystals and undesolved soap (we use WalMart's brand of liquid/Gel ADW Detergent) that form around and under the dispencer door (maybe) Here's the story:

I have Bosch SHE44C02UC/22, which I bought in 2006. It has worked flawlessly until recently. Over the past several months the discpenser door will sometimes not open during the wash cycle. When I close it manually, it latches, but feels like the crystals may be in the way of it closing cleanly. When I press the blue release button, sometimes it opens, sometimes not. When not, I run the door, back and forth, on it's tracks to somewhat clear the tracks of the buildup of crystals that have formed around the dispenser door. That was helping for a while, but not any more. Today I carefully pried the door off of the tracks and found a fair amount of crytals and what appears to be undesolved soap. I cleaned that our to the degree possible but was afraid of distorting the spring that is attache to the door on one side and the dispnser base (maybe latch) on the other end of the spring. This crud is quite tough and I was not able to scrape all of it off. I poured some C/L/R on the crud it to soften it. That helped a little but not completely. Currently I am running a cycle with C/L/R in hopes of dissolving the crud. I've had marginal success with that in the past. We have hard water in this area and I have a salt-type, whole-house water softner (Kenmore).

Is there a more effective way to clean the minerals deposits and undesolved soap form the despenser (assuming that i'm correct about the reason that the door won't open), or do you suspect something else id the cause?

Thank you for your help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.