Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ackerberg  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2007 5:55:14 AM(UTC)
ackerberg

Groups: Registered

This washing machine has an infinite Water Level Control that goes from Mini -> Super (with the word "reset" above the word Super). Just recently we found water on the floor after a load was done when the Level Control was set at Super. (BTW, what does the word "reset" mean on the top of the slide) I check out all the hoses and connections and even looked at the solenoid valves while filling the washer, but found no leaks. When the machine operates with the Level Control at the "Large" setting there does not seem to be a problem, yet? Could this be problem be caused by a faulty pressure control switch? What is the replacement part and how do I replace it? I am fairly handy but am not sure how I would get to this switch and check (and clean?) the filler hose that runs to the bottom of the tub? if this is how this level control works. Please help me out. I am tired of mopping the water off of the floor :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jumptrout51  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2007 6:15:10 AM(UTC)
jumptrout51

Groups: Expert

Move switch to reset then to small water level. Then put machine in the spin cycle for a full spin sequence. Then retry super level and see if water overflows. If so replace water level switch.
P.S. LARGE water level should be sufficient for any washer.
ackerberg  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2007 7:19:40 AM(UTC)
ackerberg

Groups: Registered

Do you want me to do the spin cycle with water in the machine or not? that is, after setting it to a small water fill?
Also, how does one get to the replace the water level switch? Is it right behind the water level control switch? Could the rubber tube running to the bottom be plugged up? Does one clean that out by blowing into it?
If the switch is behind the control, how does one remove the upper part of the washer where all the switches are?
Is there a schematic online where I can see how to do this? I have no idea how to get behind all the switches? Many thanks for your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply