Discuss

whirlpool quiet partner 3

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

Our dishwasher has power but the normal light keeps flashing and the space where it shows how much time is

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » whirlpool quiet partner 3

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 12:51 PM

Shannon Coe is on a distinguished road
Default whirlpool quiet partner 3
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Our dishwasher has power but the normal light keeps flashing and the space where it shows how much time is left just has two bars lit up in it. Cannot get dishwasher to shut down or start up.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

In order to provide most accurate advise we need the complete model number of the dishwasher.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 03-31-2009, 05:42 AM

Shannon Coe is on a distinguished road
Default quiet partner 3

The lights that were flashing went off last night and then we ran it. It ran ok. Then the lights were off until this morning. The time remaining light was still on and when I pushed cancel the normal cycle light started flashing and it would not stop.
The number on it NSF/ANSI standard 184.
We opened it and shut it several times but still the time remaining light was still on.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Shannon,

The model number should be on the door frame.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 08-20-2011, 07:40 AM

jsacre is on a distinguished road
Default Same Problem for me

We are experiencing the same problem described here...our model number is: GU2400XTPT1...

In the middle of a wash, it shut off with normal light remaining on, "left bar" only on time remaining, and continuously blinking light on start/resume.

I switched off breaker for 3 minutes, and when I turned breaker back on again, it resumed for a minute or so, then shut off with start/resume blinking as before, *no* light on for "normal", and two time remaining bars (left and right only; top and bottom are not lit)...

Ideas/suggestions? Appreciate your wisdom...
Old 08-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Check the door switches for continuity. Make sure the door switches are properly engaged when the door is closed.

Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GU2400XTPT1 DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 AM

jsacre is on a distinguished road
Default FIXED (for now)

Thanks for your guidance.

Door switches/connections were all aligned properly. I was able to get things running again, after a couple of iterations.

First: I tripped the circuit breaker for 5 minutes. Then, restarted successfully, but the washer shut down again after just a couple of minutes.

Second: Based upon further investigation, I discovered a "diagnostic" sequence: I pushed the following buttons in sequence: SaniRinse then Heated Dry, then SaniRinse and finally Heated Dry. That got things working for a few more minutes or to end of cycle, with problem returning again in the next wash.

Third (and final, thus far): I pushed the following buttons in sequence: SaniRinse then Heated Dry, then SaniRinse and finally Heated Dry, followed by "CANCEL" about 10 seconds AFTER completing the previous button sequence. (holding a dirty plate in the right hand and slightly cloudy conditions outside were coincidental, I believe!). The wash cycle completed, and has run a couple dozen times successfully and without interruption since then.

I hope that this might be helpful/useful to others subsequently. Thanks for this service and your assistance, Mr. GENE!

Cancel after about 10 seconds.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.