Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bryan.c  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 2:56:31 PM(UTC)
bryan.c

Groups: Registered

In my own household, we've had a new control module installed by Sears as part of a BSH product-safety recall program that we participated in.

[I didn't do the part replacement myself because of the recall protocol.]

Ever since the "repair" we've had cleaning problems... the water doesn't heat, the cancel/drain feature doesn't work, etc.

I'm wondering if anyone knows about jumpers or switches that might have been set improperly on the recall replacement module. My guess is that different models (there was a long list of affected units) with different features would require specific program settings. There were some arcane programming instructions in English and French included with the module but the old module and installer information drove off in the Sears van.

I'm thinking that since the tech verbalized a few erroneous "facts" about our particular model when he was changing-out the module that maybe he made some incorrect assumptions about program settings? We all make mistakes. It happens.

Can anybody shed any light on the recall/replacement part? thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.