Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alto  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 6:06:20 PM(UTC)
alto

Groups: Registered

My friend has this machine, and he's had nothing but problems with the sump getting clogged with all sorts of junk. (Actually, I had a similar machine in the last house I owned, and this was a problem with my machine as well.) He's pretty careful about scraping and rinsing, but it never fails, once in a while the machine loses all pressure to the top spray arm, and nothing comes clean on the top rack.

Now, I'm wondering ... does this machine have the same sump/wash system as the Whirlpool Voyager platform machines? I ask, because if I look at this document, the sump/motor components look identical. And if you see on page 21, there's a part called a Foreign Objects Protector (Fig 3-21) ... a sort of shield that sits over top of the lower portion of the sump, on top of the Inlet Protector (Fig 3-22). My friend's KitchenAid machine doesn't seem to have this part. Though it looks like it has a screw hole for one to be installed.

My question is: should this part be there? I tried looking here at the parts list, but it doesn't seem to be present on the KitchenAid model. I wonder whether it would help prevent stuff from clogging the inlet ...?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.