Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Engineer Mom  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 2:07:39 PM(UTC)
Engineer Mom

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher doesn't pump. Using instructions under another thread in your forum, I have successfully disassembled dishwasher. Root cause of problem is staples (yes the kind you put in a stapler) in dishwasher. (Kids!) The chopper assembly is toast and clearly needs to be replaced. A few staples and plastic pieces from the broken chopper assembly were removed from the pump impeller. The impeller spins freely on the motor. Here are my two questions:
1) Is there any way that I can bench test the motor to find out if it works before going to all the fuss of reassembling the dishwasher?
2) It says in the disassembly instructions to lubricate the pump seal before reassembly. What am I supposed to lubricate it with?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Engineer Mom
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.