Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emilyoh  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2011 10:08:24 PM(UTC)
emilyoh

Groups: Registered

I have a 4 year old Whirlpool Quiet Partner ii Model # DU1100XTPQ8. Last week, the clean light started flashing 7 times mid cycle. I was unable to start a new load or finish the one that was already there. I researched online and found the "secret" reset button code, which did clear the error and I was able to run a load.

Skip ahead 2 days, and the light is flashing again. It seems to be coming on every 3 washes or so. I am worried that there might be something really wrong. I can clear the error and it will allow me to run a load, but I keep having to enter the error code.

Does anyone know what I need to do? Is it a part I can replace myself?

Thanks,
Emily
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:37:03 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: emilyoh Go to Quoted Post
I have a 4 year old Whirlpool Quiet Partner ii Model # DU1100XTPQ8. Last week, the clean light started flashing 7 times mid cycle. I was unable to start a new load or finish the one that was already there. I researched online and found the "secret" reset button code, which did clear the error and I was able to run a load.

Skip ahead 2 days, and the light is flashing again. It seems to be coming on every 3 washes or so. I am worried that there might be something really wrong. I can clear the error and it will allow me to run a load, but I keep having to enter the error code.

Does anyone know what I need to do? Is it a part I can replace myself?

Thanks,
Emily

Emily,

You may not need a part at all.

The flashing "clean light" indicates, a water temperature, heating problem.
It could be due to, a bad heater element, thermostat, or a control board.
Most of the time, it's due to a low water temperature.

You need to make sure, the water temperature, in the bottom of the tub, on the first fill of a wash cycle, is at least 120 to 130 dgrs. F. (you should be able to run the hot water faucet at the kitchen sink, and get somewhere in that range, before you start the dishwasher).
If this doesn't solve the problem, drop us a line and we can walk you through the test procedures for the heater circuit and components.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
gbleecker  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:29:14 PM(UTC)
gbleecker

I too am having the dreaded 7 flash clean light. This is after my water heater was turned off my accident. My water heater is back up and hot, but now the dishwasher is flashing 7 blinks on clean. My model is GU2500XTPQ6.

Can anyone please provide advice on what codes to use to get the diswasher to reset?

Thanks!
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:09:18 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: gbleecker Go to Quoted Post
I too am having the dreaded 7 flash clean light. This is after my water heater was turned off my accident. My water heater is back up and hot, but now the dishwasher is flashing 7 blinks on clean. My model is GU2500XTPQ6.

Can anyone please provide advice on what codes to use to get the diswasher to reset?

Thanks!

GB,
Here's some help :

Control is programmed to stop the current cycle and not allow any further
cycles if it suspects a faulty heater (no temperature increase detected in heated intervals). Control blinks the Clean LED 7 times in repetitive fashion and disables the Start/Resume key until cleared.

SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE
To start the Service Diagnostics Cycle, press the
following keys, in order, in less than 6 seconds, while in standby(power on but unit off):
Heated Dry, Normal, Heated Dry, Normal
To Rapid advance one interval at a time, press the Start key, noting that
unlike Standard cycles, the Diagnostics Cycle automatically resumes
after door openings and does not require pressing Start to resume.

Once the diagnostic cycle has run and shut off, run a normal wash cycle, empty and with no detergent, to reset the control to factory "normal" operation. Make sure there's plenty of hot water.

Good Luck,

gbleecker  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:05:18 PM(UTC)
gbleecker

Thanks a million. She is up and running again.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:06:21 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: gbleecker Go to Quoted Post
Thanks a million. She is up and running again.

GB,

Great ... Glad things went well.

Good Luck,
cherma  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 9:06:48 AM(UTC)
cherma

i hve a whirlpool quiet partner 2 model DU1145XTPB6 purchased in 05'. had the clean light blink 7 times. did the reset on control panel. cleared it, light came on again after it was trying to wash. just had plumbers re-do pipes in house, they took DW out and put back in, now i hve found 2 wires under tub, 1 from heater element (orange)and other from main wiring harness(white/red stripe) disconnected. they were attached to this little button cell type part with 2 prongs. part # could either be cs-7sa-80 or i think 3371518 kind of hard to read so small. was wondering if those 2 wires had to be connected correctly, or could go to either side of that part. any help would be appreciated. marc
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:01:10 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: cherma Go to Quoted Post
i hve a whirlpool quiet partner 2 model DU1145XTPB6 purchased in 05'. had the clean light blink 7 times. did the reset on control panel. cleared it, light came on again after it was trying to wash. just had plumbers re-do pipes in house, they took DW out and put back in, now i hve found 2 wires under tub, 1 from heater element (orange)and other from main wiring harness(white/red stripe) disconnected. they were attached to this little button cell type part with 2 prongs. part # could either be cs-7sa-80 or i think 3371518 kind of hard to read so small. was wondering if those 2 wires had to be connected correctly, or could go to either side of that part. any help would be appreciated. marc

Cherma, The heater element circuit, is not a polarity sensitive circuit, so no it won't matter which wire attaches where. the white / red wire, from the control needs to be on one terminal, and the orange wire to the heater element needs to be on the other thermostat terminal.

Good Luck,
cherma  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:38:21 AM(UTC)
cherma

Joe, thanks a bunch. Wires are hooked up, and dishwasher is running again. Marc
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:44:21 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

:cool:
Originally Posted by: cherma Go to Quoted Post
Joe, thanks a bunch. Wires are hooked up, and dishwasher is running again. Marc

Marc,
Great, Glad to hear that.

You're very welcome. It was our pleasure to assist.

Drop us a line anytime you need help.

Good Luck, and Thanks,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply