Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
c3uo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:24:15 PM(UTC)
c3uo

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have a 6 year old GE Nautilus Powerscrub Quiet Power 1 dishwasher. A few weeks ago it stopped draining properly after a regular cycle. It is about 6 years old, but used very little. I removed it and checked all lines, opened both motors, etc. Everything looked okay.

I connected both motors to an external 120 V power supply and they spun.

I checked all drain lines and they were clear. I checked the sink connection to make sure it is okay too.

I checked the check valve on the drain line, and inspected the piston and nut check valve at the back of the dishwasher. It looks in good condition.

On a rinse cycle it drains properly. The first run through on the regular cycle it drains, but later in the cycle the drain motor hums / whirs / grinds but no water comes out to the sink. If I try a rinse / reset cycle immediately after the main cycle it hums but does not drain. If I try a rinse / reset cycle the next day (when motor is cool), it drains out.

Does this sound like the drain motor is going? I can see the main motor when it goes since the fan blades are exposed. The drain motor I can only hear and do not know if it is rotating during a cycle (only when I remove it and connect to an external power supply). Could it be a check valve?

How does a drain pump typically fail? All at once or only when hot?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.