Discuss

GE Nautilus Dishwasher Not Draining

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

Hi, I have a 6 year old GE Nautilus Powerscrub Quiet Power 1 dishwasher. A few weeks ago it stopped

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » GE Nautilus Dishwasher Not Draining

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 PM

c3uo is on a distinguished road
Default GE Nautilus Dishwasher Not Draining
Brand: GE   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi,

I have a 6 year old GE Nautilus Powerscrub Quiet Power 1 dishwasher. A few weeks ago it stopped draining properly after a regular cycle. It is about 6 years old, but used very little. I removed it and checked all lines, opened both motors, etc. Everything looked okay.

I connected both motors to an external 120 V power supply and they spun.

I checked all drain lines and they were clear. I checked the sink connection to make sure it is okay too.

I checked the check valve on the drain line, and inspected the piston and nut check valve at the back of the dishwasher. It looks in good condition.

On a rinse cycle it drains properly. The first run through on the regular cycle it drains, but later in the cycle the drain motor hums / whirs / grinds but no water comes out to the sink. If I try a rinse / reset cycle immediately after the main cycle it hums but does not drain. If I try a rinse / reset cycle the next day (when motor is cool), it drains out.

Does this sound like the drain motor is going? I can see the main motor when it goes since the fan blades are exposed. The drain motor I can only hear and do not know if it is rotating during a cycle (only when I remove it and connect to an external power supply). Could it be a check valve?

How does a drain pump typically fail? All at once or only when hot?

Thanks!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.