Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rtf505  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 8:10:07 AM(UTC)
rtf505

Groups: Registered

The sanitize cycle has stopped working on this dishwasher. I've checked the continuity on the heating element and received 15 ohms resistance on a digital multimeter. The high heat thermostat is showing open on an analog multimeter. Any suggestions on what the problem might be.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:16:39 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE GLD2250RDC3 Frigidaire/dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

The high heat thermostat is showing open on an analog multimeter.
This is probably your problem it should be closed.

The description says it is resettable (Item 29 in Section 3) often this is a little shaft that pops out between the connectors at the back. If this is the case just push it back in and you should be good to go.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rtf505  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:42:20 AM(UTC)
rtf505

There's nothing sticking out of the back of it or anywhere else for that matter. So a replacement part is in order? Also one of the connectors is showing some burnt area, however it still fits tightly and is not burned thru. Would this have occurred whenever the switch stopped working?
denman  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 11:31:41 AM(UTC)
denman

It could. If the contacts became pitted/dirty as the thermostat failed they would heat up as current was passed through them.

Before hooking up the new thermostat clean the wire's connectors as best as you can, a small file or some fine emery/sandpaper will help here.
rtf505  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 11:59:52 AM(UTC)
rtf505

just to make sure we're talking about the same thing the thermostat, when hooked up to my multi meter shows 0, the same as it does when I touch the prongs together. Does this mean the thermo is good or bad?
denman  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:09:48 PM(UTC)
denman

0 ohms means that it is good and it should pass current.

Here is the tech sheet for this unit.
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Kinston/154526501.pdf

Does the unit dry the dishes if it does then the hi-limit thermostat and the heater and the wires from the control board are OK.
rtf505  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:47:01 PM(UTC)
rtf505

so the high heat thermo is alright. . . I'm going to retest the heating element with the current analog multimeter and I should get a 0 ohm reading if it's good, correct?

No it has not been drying the dishes properly and I really appreciate the help. I'm going to clean the connection on the thermo as best I can and reinstall it. . .
rtf505  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 1:24:51 PM(UTC)
rtf505

Originally Posted by: rtf505 Go to Quoted Post
so the high heat thermo is alright. . . I'm going to retest the heating element with the current analog multimeter and I should get a 0 ohm reading if it's good, correct?

No it has not been drying the dishes properly and I really appreciate the help. I'm going to clean the connection on the thermo as best I can and reinstall it. . .

I've checked the heating element in the bottom of the tub and it still reads 15 on my analog so I'm assuming it's alright as well. I'm open for any futher suggestions. The sanitize light on the button comes on, but it doesn't high heat dry and the sanitize light on the display which used to show under the "Clean" light upon completion of cycle still does not come on.
denman  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 1:14:10 AM(UTC)
denman

It sounds like the control board is toast.

The usual way to troubleshoot this is to check the keypad and if it is good then replace the control board. Still a bit of a crap shoot but your odds are better. Unfortunately Frigidaire does not give the pin-outs for the keypad so you cannot really check it but your symptoms sound more like the control board is just not sending power to the heater.
rtf505  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:19:31 AM(UTC)
rtf505

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like the control board is toast.

The usual way to troubleshoot this is to check the keypad and if it is good then replace the control board. Still a bit of a crap shoot but your odds are better. Unfortunately Frigidaire does not give the pin-outs for the keypad so you cannot really check it but your symptoms sound more like the control board is just not sending power to the heater.

Is there anyway to check the control board or is it just a crap shoot or process of elmination?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply