Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tanyia  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 1:35:12 PM(UTC)
tanyia

Groups: Registered

The latch to the soap dispenser has broken. I do not see how to fix it in the parts manual/diagram. any help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 2:26:48 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tanyia Go to Quoted Post
The latch to the soap dispenser has broken. I do not see how to fix it in the parts manual/diagram. any help?

Tanyia,

Here are some basic instructions for accessing the detergent/rinse dispenser assembly:

Detergent/Rinse Module
The door panel must be removed to access the detergent/rinse module.
The detergent rinse module is held in place by 6 Phillips head screws and 2 brackets.
The detergent/rinse module automatically
dispenses both the detergent and the rinse agent
at the appropriate times. The module is activated 2
times during a wash cycle. Detergent is dispensed
at the beginning of the main wash cycle and

rinse agent at the beginning of the final rinse.

The outer door panel is held in place by 12 screws (5 Phillips head screws per side and two
1/4-in. hex
head screws at the bottom). The esutcheon keypad
is held on by 4 screws.
Note:

When removing the outer door panel, be careful not to remove the 4 screws (2 per side) holding the escutcheon to the door assembly. Remove these only to gain access to the control module, active vent, flapper, and door interlock
switch.

And the part number for the dispenser,

Part number: AP3860889
Part number: AP3860889

Good Luck,
:) :) :)

tanyia  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:21:25 PM(UTC)
tanyia

Thanks so much! I've ordered the new detergent holder hopefully it'll be an easy fix. BTW any idea on the upper arm? There seems to be no way to flush out the pieces of food that get stuck in there. :confused: I tried to pry some of them out with toothpicks/tweezers with limited success. :rolleyes: It seems like a pretty poor design that the arm doesn't come apart so it can be cleaned on the inside. :eek:
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:53:00 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks so much! I've ordered the new detergent holder hopefully it'll be an easy fix. BTW any idea on the upper arm? There seems to be no way to flush out the pieces of food that get stuck in there. :confused: I tried to pry some of them out with toothpicks/tweezers with limited success. :rolleyes: It seems like a pretty poor design that the arm doesn't come apart so it can be cleaned on the inside. :eek:

Tanyia,

Wasn't aware of a spray arm problem, but

The upper spray arm is held in place by a 5/16 hex head screw, and bushing in the center of the arm, it's easier to remove the arm, than it is to get to, you'll have to remove the racks. Dont loose the screw or the bushing. once it's out, you should be able to run water through it in the sink and flush most, if not all of the debris in the arm.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
tanyia  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:45:22 AM(UTC)
tanyia

So I took off the outer door panel and the soap dispenser is actually plugged in. Is there a trick to unplugging it? :rolleyes: Pulling with all my might seemed to give less than the desired unpluggiing. :D
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:13:23 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

So I took off the outer door panel and the soap dispenser is actually plugged in. Is there a trick to unplugging it? :rolleyes: Pulling with all my might seemed to give less than the desired unpluggiing. :D

Tanyia,

Are you discussing the wires to the wax motor on the dispenser ?
The wire connector can be a bit tough to detach, you may want to use a small pair of pliers and squeeze the connector and pull them off the terminal, or a small screwdriver and pry the connectors off.

If you're discussing the dispenser assembly itself, once you remove the screws and brackets, push or tap one end of the assembly, open the door and remove the dispenser from the door assembly.

"The detergent rinse module is held in place by 6 Phillips head screws and 2 brackets."

:) :) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply