Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wxq4  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6:22:33 PM(UTC)
wxq4

Groups: Registered

I working on my mother's dishwasher it stopped in the middle of a cycle leaving water on it there is no power on front of door. I have 120 volts at switch and at fuse so replaced the control board, it still don't have any lights on the door.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 4:45:31 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Model Search

Here is the tech sheet
https://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%208535431.pdf

You have 2 door switches so is best to check for power at the board
P7 White/Violet to P8 Tan with the latch in the closed/locked position.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
cjg333  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2009 5:34:24 AM(UTC)
cjg333

Same issue=stopped mid cycle, no power on front of door but I don't know how to check power. Also, inside there is a large plastic spoon melted to the heating coil in the murky water at the bottom.

Question, time for a new dishwasher or guesstimate on how expensive a service call is this likely to be?

Originally Posted by: wxq4 Go to Quoted Post
I working on my mother's dishwasher it stopped in the middle of a cycle leaving water on it there is no power on front of door. I have 120 volts at switch and at fuse so replaced the control board, it still don't have any lights on the door.
denman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2009 6:21:27 AM(UTC)
denman

cjg333
You may want to start your own thread in this forum using POST NEW TOPIC unless your model number is the same as wxq4's. Some units have a thermal fuse.

Same issue=stopped mid cycle, no power on front of door but I don't know how to check power.
You will need a multimeter. First I would check to make sure the circuit breaker for the dishwasher is OK.

Also, inside there is a large plastic spoon melted to the heating coil in the murky water at the bottom.
This should not be a huge problem once you get it powered up.
You get the unit to drain, then put it into a heat/dry mode to get the element hot. Then close open the door while checking the spoon, once the plastic has softened up somewhat it should come off. You can then wipe off any plastic residue from the heating coil with a paper towel. You may have to let it heat up a little more.
Watch that you do not burn your fingers.
Then let it heat fully to burn off any remaining residue.

Question, time for a new dishwasher or guesstimate on how expensive a service call is this likely to be?
Call a couple repair shops for service call costs. Better yet get a reference from a friend or relative the cheapest is not always the best. Some shops have low service call costs but then rip you off on the parts.
wxq4  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2009 12:56:08 PM(UTC)
wxq4

Still no power to control panel both switchs good. P7 and P8 are good I checked them with the latch in the locked postion. I used the factory trouble shooring diagram for the kay pad and ohm'd out evey button there all good. what am i missing. AL
denman  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 2:37:41 AM(UTC)
denman

Still no power to control panel both switches good.
P7 and P8 are good I checked them with the latch in the locked postion.

If I understand the above correctly.
1. "no power to control panel" actually means that there is no response or indication that the board is on. And not that it is not receiving power.
2."P7 and P8 are good" means that
there is 120 volts between theses two test points.

I would double check the thermal fuse by unplugging it and checking it for resistance, should be 0 ohms.

If the above is true then I would say that you are not missing anything and the board is toast as it is getting power but will not power up.
wxq4  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 3:37:59 PM(UTC)
wxq4

Everything checked out. It is a new board. Kept looking I have 120 volts but what I found was someone sliced in the wiring under the cabinet for heat tape so the water pipes would not freeze and didn't tighten the neutral wire very good and they where 98? burnt. I replace all the wiring from the box to washer and it started right up. Thank you for the help sorry I didn't find sooner but they where out of sight and my meter said I had voltage. AL
denman  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 5:46:51 PM(UTC)
denman

Glad you found it
Congrats
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply