Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mark Thomas  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:39:57 AM(UTC)
mark Thomas

Groups: Registered

UserPostedImage Bosch SHY56A 02UC/14
Reposting / Hoping for a reply, upon further review answered some of my own questions in RED

DW recently went down. At start of cycle,

1. Pump drains water from sump
2. Water fills bottom of DW
3. DW continues in cycle but does not spray water up through arms.
4. At the end of cycle pump drains water

Checked water pressure into vlave / Good
Checked water inlet valve operation / Good
No obstruction in arm assemblies

Questions:

Does unit have seperate circulation pump and drain pump / YES
Is there a diagnostic procedue I could run?
Great info on website but no electrical schematic listed.
Numbers on Bosch schematics listed do not match the numbers listed on your parts. General question / no reply required
Is there a tech manual availabe for this unit/ Prevoius post replies NO
If not, can I cross refernce any of the models listed in the tech manual posted on one of your threads " SHU/SHI/SHV Dishwasher Troubleshooting Tips".
Added Question - Any info on terminal board location for circ pump motor?
Do you think it is a pump issue or an electronic issue? I am going with circulation pump or motor
Any chance water not reaching temp could cause this? I am thinking NO

THANK YOU for any help you could offer!

Take Care, Mark
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

blekenbleu  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2009 3:08:49 PM(UTC)
blekenbleu

Originally Posted by: mark Thomas Go to Quoted Post
Any chance water not reaching temp could cause this? I am thinking NO
Hi Mark - My SHU9926 looks to have a similar design and problem to your SHY56A02, based on comparison of parts diagrams. It circulates water while heating it, so the problem is likely associated with the circulation pump. When I open the door on mine during a nominal wash cycle, I can see water flowing from spray arms, but not hard enough to spin them. Did you remove the spray arm supply tube to check for blockage there? I read on another website where another Bosch owner found broken glass in there; it is unclear how broken glass passed the pump impeller. I assume you checked for blockage at the circulation pump inlet port in the sump... If you can hear any sound of motor running during the wash cycle, then you may only need the pump repair kit, Bosch p/n 16 7085. Otherwise, I guess it is probably easier to pull out the dishwasher to check power to at the pump than disassemble the door to access the control board.
mark Thomas  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 6:21:16 AM(UTC)
mark Thomas

Tried not to pull the dishwasher, no luck. Checked the board for the faulty solder, all good. Water pressure in good, water inlet valve good, spray arms pulled no obstruction good, so out comes the dishwasher. Flip upside down / remove side panels / remove bottom plastic cap / everything is accessible at this point. Quick check across circ pump motor leads, open. Also the pump fins had seperated from the base probably causing poor water flow / circulation prior to the motor faulting out. DW is 5 1/ 2 years old with a 5 year warranty and most expensive item on the unit is bad. Purchased and replaced circ pump, reassembled and DW running great. Make sure you have the appropriate assembly schematics in front of you when you are disassembling and reassembling. There are a lot of little components that may become dislodged during disassembly that will need to be put back in their proper location upon reassembly. One other thing, found the electrical schematic tucked away under the electrical junction box. Good Luck!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply