Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fatreap70  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:33:23 PM(UTC)
fatreap70

Groups: Registered

We got this dishwasher about 5 years ago and used it maybe a dozen times. The wife prefers washing dished the old fashioned way, paying her friends to do them by hand. It has sat in our basement unused until I decided to clean out the basement and sold it to my neighbor. He hooked it up and it powers on and fills with water, but then doesn't do anything. The display lights up when it's supposed to and we set the knob on delay wash and it turns until it gets to wash, fills with water and stops. I am wondering if it could be a problem with the door lock switch or whatever it's called. This seems like a good place to start and probably the easiest thing to fix for a couple of novices like us. Also, I haven't really looked good at it, but should we remove the top cover to access this? Any help would be great.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:16:33 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

You might want to check and make sure the motor is still plugged in. Since the water valve is operating, that means the door switch is operational. Look under the unit for a loose wire or connector that may have come loose.
fatreap70  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:24:03 PM(UTC)
fatreap70

Cool thanks, we'll start there. Do you know if we need to go through the side or the bottom? Sorry for the stupid question, but it's at his house and I cant check it out right now, but would like to be prepared tomorrow.
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:23:51 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Try going through the front by removing the access panel below the door. Depending on the installation, the amount of room you have to deal with will change, but if it's installed, start there.
fatreap70  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:46:10 AM(UTC)
fatreap70

Actually, it's on wheels, a portable type. I remember from yesterday that looked like the place to get access so I know what you are talking about. Thanks for the verification! I'll let you know later what is up.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply