Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ctnr  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 4:42:04 PM(UTC)
ctnr

Groups: Registered

Would like suggestions on what part needs replacing for this Kitchen Aid dishwasher...loud humming noise seems to be coming from the lower right side of the cabinent...I am not sure what mechanical piece could be there or troubleshooting I can do to confirm right part that needs to be replaced. Dishwasher runs normally (so far) but makes A LOT more noise than before...thanks for help...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

xaipete  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:32:27 AM(UTC)
xaipete

Groups: Registered

We bought a Kitchen Aid dishwasher KUD101DLBL1 4 years ago. At age 2.5 years it started getting progressively louder and louder but washed fine. We let it go for several months then called a repair company. They said the drain pump was broken and the motor was burned out and/or leaking (can't remember now). The parts were still under warranty (5 years) but not the labor. I think it cost us almost $200 to repair. Now it is 1.5 years later and the dishwasher is 4 years old and the same thing is happening again. This time I stopped using it right away and have order a new pump in hopes that the motor is still OK. If it is only the pump this time it is cheaper for me to repair it myself. If it is the pump and motor, then it is probably about the same money but will take quite a while because the repair person has to come out, look at the dishwasher, order the part, and then come back again to fix it. I don't understand why I would have to fix this part at all on a new and expensive dishwasher but having to fix it twice in 4 years is really unacceptable. Any ideas on what is going on?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply