Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
teachaudio  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 6:44:12 PM(UTC)
teachaudio

Groups: Registered

We have a Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher Model #MDB8600AWB, we purchased it new about 6 years ago. What we are experiencing is that it has a mind of its own when deciding to run a wash cycle. It will fill with water and then just time out, no signal to run the motor. Sometimes it will work great for 4 or 5 loads and then goes back to its dormant state. I had a repairman come out and he told me more than likely it was the logic control board and that it would be around $300 to repair. I can get to the existing board in about 2 minutes after removing 8 torx screws. The problem I am having is which control board do I need? The serial number for the dishwasher is 13956998AT. When I do a parts search for this particular dishwasher model, 2 different control boards appear, they both look just like the one that is currently on the dishwasher. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 11:58:45 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: teachaudio Go to Quoted Post
We have a Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher Model #MDB8600AWB, we purchased it new about 6 years ago. What we are experiencing is that it has a mind of its own when deciding to run a wash cycle. It will fill with water and then just time out, no signal to run the motor. Sometimes it will work great for 4 or 5 loads and then goes back to its dormant state. I had a repairman come out and he told me more than likely it was the logic control board and that it would be around $300 to repair. I can get to the existing board in about 2 minutes after removing 8 torx screws. The problem I am having is which control board do I need? The serial number for the dishwasher is 13956998AT. When I do a parts search for this particular dishwasher model, 2 different control boards appear, they both look just like the one that is currently on the dishwasher. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Teachaudio,

Here is the part number for the control board, based on the information you supplied.

Part number: AP4113790
Part number: AP4113790

Here's a couple of things you should check before you install the new control board.

Check the door latch assembly for loose wiring connections, loose switch mounts and any mis aligned or broken tabs.
Use some rubbing alcohol, and clean the insertion end of the touchpad ribbon before you insert it into the control board connection. Once you
install the ribbon into the board connector, put a thin coat of vaseline or di electric grease around the connector and ribbon, to keep moisture and debris from enterring the connector pins.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
teachaudio  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:15:28 PM(UTC)
teachaudio

Groups: Registered

Joe,

Thank you for your reply, greatly appreciate it! Is this a common problem with this model of dishwasher?
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:13:13 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: teachaudio Go to Quoted Post
Joe,

Thank you for your reply, greatly appreciate it! Is this a common problem with this model of dishwasher?

Teachaudio,

You're welcome,

This particular problem, is not specific to this model dishwasher, it's pretty much industry wide, it can affect other products as well.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply