Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sophiamillet  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:34:32 AM(UTC)
sophiamillet

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered

HELP!!
My dishwasher is not cleaning my dishes! Can the element be out? It's just 14 mo. old. Dishes coming out greasy as if not washed. Thank you!
Sophie UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drags1998  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:40:04 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

Just a few things for you to check, Water temp MUST be 120 degrees, You MUST use a good quality det.(I recommend Cascade Complete) Load it correctly!!!! Your dishes WILL come out clean,If you do have problems after doing the above, check to see if it drains correctly, The other thing to remember is: the dishwasher is NOT making the grease, so that means, you are putting greasy dishes in to start with!!! (I'm not saying you have to wash them before putting them into the DW, BUT, just rinse the FOOD off them!!!) The HOT water will do the REST!!! Good Luck!!!:)
denman  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2009 5:36:01 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Model Search

Yes the heater could be shot.
If it is drying the dishes properly then odds are the heater is OK.
Remove the wire from one side of it and check it with a meter. They are usually between 20 to 30 ohms.
Check that it is getting voltage (120 volts) when it should during a wash cycle. Your manual should tell you which cycles/options include a temperature boost.

Check that the unit is filling with water correctly, most units fill to just under the heating element.

As Drags1998 said if your water temp is high enough and you are using a good detergent the unit should be able to do a good job without a temp boost. Personally I like the good old fashioned granular type.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply