Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Guillemot  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 4:22:01 AM(UTC)
Guillemot

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

Recently the dishwasher has begun coating the dishes in a fine mist of spinach particles. I've looked through the user manual, but this isn't listed as a feature, so I thought I should try to fix it.

I took apart the assembly at the bottom of the tub to look at the filter. It had a little gunk on it, but not much. I didn't take the filter off as I don't have the correct torx driver to remove the impeller. Also, it is missing a part number 2 on the water distribution assembly explode view, the overpressure filter, it seems? Is this necessary? Everything looks clean, but still I have spinach on the wine glasses. Suggestions? Is it typical to have to replace the filter periodically?

Thanks for your suggestions.
Jeff
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 7:08:19 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Guillemot Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Recently the dishwasher has begun coating the dishes in a fine mist of spinach particles. I've looked through the user manual, but this isn't listed as a feature, so I thought I should try to fix it.

I took apart the assembly at the bottom of the tub to look at the filter. It had a little gunk on it, but not much. I didn't take the filter off as I don't have the correct torx driver to remove the impeller. Also, it is missing a part number 2 on the water distribution assembly explode view, the overpressure filter, it seems? Is this necessary? Everything looks clean, but still I have spinach on the wine glasses. Suggestions? Is it typical to have to replace the filter periodically?

Thanks for your suggestions.
Jeff

Jeff,

First, not to worry about the filter, it was eliminated on the production line, as a cost saving measure, and it served no major purpose. It's not missing on your unit.

No, you normally do not need to replace the filter assembly, unless it's clogged with hard water deposits, or has a hole in it.

The spinach particles, is most likely a by product of 2 things,
Water temperature is not hot enough(needs to be 120 dgrs F. in the tub, on the first fill of the wash cycle).
Your detergent/rinse agent is probably "foaming" up during the rinse cycle.
Check your drain hose and system for possible clogs or restrictions.
On your unit, there should be approximately 1/4 in. of water left in the center of the pump housing at the end of the cycle.(it may slightly cover the 6 screws holding the pressure dome to the pump assembly).
You may want to try this,
Switch to a plain powderred detergent(no additives)and use the proper amount based on the water hardness, (available from the water supply company).
Run the hot water faucet at the kitchen sink, until hot, before starting the dishwasher.
Run it a few cycles using this method, and I'm sure you'll be a lot happier with the results.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply