Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Dishwasher Repair (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/dishwasher-repair/)
-   -   GE dishwasher (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/dishwasher-repair/212083-ge-dishwasher.html)

pwalsh 04-26-2011 11:49 AM

GE dishwasher
 
The washer just started to make a screeching noise when its going through all the cycles except drying.Does any one have an idea where to start looking at a possible problem. Thanks

Joe / APP Team 04-27-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwalsh (Post 416152)
The washer just started to make a screeching noise when its going through all the cycles except drying.Does any one have an idea where to start looking at a possible problem. Thanks

P,

A couple of things to check,

Remove the grille cover and filter, located in the bottom of the tub, behind the spray arm tower, carefully check and reach into the sump assembly,carefully, remove any debris,and make sure theres nothing stuck in the chopper blade,

Check and make sure there is water in the tub and the unit fills properly.

You'd have a bad pump motor or impeller if that doesn't solve the noise problem.

Part number: AP2616850

Part number: AP2616850


Part number: AP631386

Part number: AP631386


Good Luck,
:) :) :)

pwalsh 04-30-2011 09:38 AM

Joe, I did what you said. I found 4 to 5 small pieces of glass and other plastic pieces of whatnot. I found the pieces against what is a screen. I try the dish washer again and the noise was gone except for once in a while and not as loud. I will check the screen again. I'll keep you posted. Thank you. Paul

Joe / APP Team 05-02-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwalsh (Post 419170)
Joe, I did what you said. I found 4 to 5 small pieces of glass and other plastic pieces of whatnot. I found the pieces against what is a screen. I try the dish washer again and the noise was gone except for once in a while and not as loud. I will check the screen again. I'll keep you posted. Thank you. Paul

Paul,

Great, Nothing major, so far.

It may even clear itself, with time, but yes, check it again, be careful.

:) :) :)

pwalsh 05-02-2011 11:07 AM

GE dishwasher
 
Hello Joe, Since I last wrote, the noise is getting more frequent. How do I tell between a motor or water pump that is making the noise. Since cleaning the debris out of the screen the screeching is gone but a now its more of a grinding. What is your thoughts?

Joe / APP Team 05-02-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwalsh (Post 420435)
Hello Joe, Since I last wrote, the noise is getting more frequent. How do I tell between a motor or water pump that is making the noise. Since cleaning the debris out of the screen the screeching is gone but a now its more of a grinding. What is your thoughts?

Paul,

My guess,

There's still something in the assembly, most likely on the other side of the screen, in the impeller assembly,

Part number: AP631386

Part number: AP631386


You'll need to separate the motor from the pump housing and check for debris and damage to the impeller and associated parts.

You'll need to remove the hanger, holding the motor end up and the motor wire harness, the drain hoseand the drain solenoid linkage. loosen the 2 hose clamps holding the pump assembly to the sump. and the upper clamp attached to the spray arm assembly and carefully slide the assembly out, so you can access and remove the impeller assembly parts, and check the debris.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17