Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nagrath  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:04:27 PM(UTC)
nagrath

Groups: Registered

Hi, My GE dishwasher ran fine on its next to last cycle, and then on this last cycle, it went on for hours. It appears that the cycle gets stuck midway between "short wash" and "rinse and hold"; I opened up the door panel and found the sound damping sheet was interfering with the soap cup opening, and some decayed bits of that sheed were stuck on various components, but once cleared up, the problem remains. Does this indicate a need for a new timer? The machine works well otherwise, but it is probably 8 years old or more. Switching out the timer seems simple enough, but I wish I could be more sure that is likely the problem. If I turn the knob a bit past the problem spot, it seems to continue the cycle and ultimately stop. Suggestions? (oh, and there's a typo on the model--it is a GSD4030Y70WW - if a mod can fix that it would help future searches) Also, how does one determine which of the two timers listed for this model is the correct one? The part number on the timer (which is not the GE part number) matches the number on the sticker in BOTH photographs!

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

nagrath  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:04:17 AM(UTC)
nagrath

So the only difference I can see in the parts images for the timer is that one seems to have a wiring harness fitting on both sides of the motor, and the other just has an empty space on one side. My current timer has the empty space. I assume that would indicate that is the one I would order (yay, that one is cheaper and in stock!); now if only I knew if I should order it!
nagrath  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:19:03 AM(UTC)
nagrath

So in reviewing other similar problems online, the thing that everyone asks is "is it possible the water temperature is too low"; my answer would be "no", but now my question becomes "is it possible that the temperature SENSOR that decides if the water is hot enough may have gone bad? Is there a way to test it?" I don't see it on the parts diagram anywhere. I assume it would be a sensor or a thermostat. Anyway, I would love to buy some parts and fix this, but I do need some assistance.
nagrath  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:30:49 PM(UTC)
nagrath

Well, I ordered what appears to be the appropriate timer; I'll report back as to whether that solves the problem. Thankfully, I can return the part if it is NOT the problem.
nagrath  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 11:11:49 AM(UTC)
nagrath

Just to keep everyone informed, timer replacement did nothing. I am going to hunt down the location of the temp sensor/thermostat and see if I can determine if that is the cause. Any help would be appreciated.
sac  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2012 3:29:36 PM(UTC)
sac

Hi I have the same problem I changed the timer but it didnt fix it. What did you to solve the problem? Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply