Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rlyons124  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:51:47 AM(UTC)
rlyons124

Groups: Registered

I have never scene a dishwasher do this. Sometimes it works fine and
sometimes random light start flashing in no particular order. It's not just one or two lights that blink, all of the lights will flash in no pattern at all. Sometimes you can get it to stop by disconnecting the power. It sometimes will then work for about a couple minutes then stop in the middle of the cycle and start flashing randomly. The only thing I can think of is the main circuit board; the part # on it is w10208673. Thanks in advance.

Rich

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:29:49 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rlyons124 Go to Quoted Post
I have never scene a dishwasher do this. Sometimes it works fine and
sometimes random light start flashing in no particular order. It's not just one or two lights that blink, all of the lights will flash in no pattern at all. Sometimes you can get it to stop by disconnecting the power. It sometimes will then work for about a couple minutes then stop in the middle of the cycle and start flashing randomly. The only thing I can think of is the main circuit board; the part # on it is w10208673. Thanks in advance.

Rich

Rich, try this first,

Remove the control panel, and disconnect the key pad ribbon from the control board connector.

Clean the insertion end of the ribbon connector and the pins in the connector, with alcohol, and re insert the ribbon. put a thin coat of vaseline around the ribbon and connection, and try it again. If the problem persists, replace the control panel/key pad assembly.

Part number: AP4507741
Part number: AP4507741

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
rlyons124  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:51:38 AM(UTC)
rlyons124

I'll give that a shot, thanks.
rlyons124  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:40:30 AM(UTC)
rlyons124

So far so good, took everything apart and cleaned all the connections I could. It has been running for about 15 min. I haven't been able to get it to run for about a day now. Hopefully this works.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:28:44 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rlyons124 Go to Quoted Post
So far so good, took everything apart and cleaned all the connections I could. It has been running for about 15 min. I haven't been able to get it to run for about a day now. Hopefully this works.

Great job,

So far So good. You did put the vaseline around the ribbon and connector, that will help keep impurities and moisture out of the connection.

If or when the problem returns, order and install the new control panel and key pad assembly, and follow the same procedure.

Hopefully, it will be a while.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply