Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flunkymonkey  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 4:41:31 PM(UTC)
flunkymonkey

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I have a GE profile Quiet III. You know the one that was recalled for catching on fire due to the rinse agent defect leaking onto the wiring in the door. I was given this POS a while ago and the model/serial sticker is missing, so I apologize for not providing that info. Part of the sticker was actually stuck to the grinder screen, so it is likely floating in the bottom of the septic tank.

Basically what is happening is that the washer doesn't drain completely and leaves dishes all dried with soap on them. I believe I have figured out what is happening, but I wanted some professional opinions.

I know that your going to laugh, but I actually bypassed the safety switch on the door, so the washer will run with the door opened. I watched it while it was draining. Just before the basin was empty the water started spraying out the rotating spray nozzle. It did get me a little wet. It ran for a few seconds in this state and then shut off leaving water just above the top of the pump intake.

What I believe is happening is that as the washer is draining and the water level gets below a certain point in the drain hose, a faulty drain valve is allowing water to leak back up into the rotating spray nozzle. The solenoid is working and the linkage is free, but the drain valve must not be sealing to keep water for going up to the sprayers and hoses the dishes with soapy waste water during the drain cycle. It also might be possible that some of the sticker found its way to the valve and is causing it to not seat properly. I'll have to disassembly the unit and post back.

I am sure it is going to need a pump housing or even a whole new pump assembly.

Thanks for your input
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.