Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sno-twister  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 6:37:52 AM(UTC)
sno-twister

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher that is just starting to act up. It will start a wash cycle just fine, however I noticed the "add a dish" light remains on all the time and the timer seems to run longer than the displayed time. About halfway through the cycle it will stop and all the lights and display will start flashing. If I cycle the power off overnight and then turn it on in the morning it will continue with the cycle like nothing happened. I have read several postings on the web that a stuck key will cause this. All the keys seem to function normally it just "looses it mind". My thought Is the control board itself since after it "cools down" it will resume its cycle. Any thoughts or help will be appreciated.

Model: KUDS01IJWH0
Serial: FL4623826
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 11:16:18 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi sno-twister

The first thing I would check is if the dishwasher is properly connected to power input. There is a junction box under the dishwasher. To get access to it you have to remove the bottom panel. The power cord should be connected: the hot wire to the black wire from the dishwasher and the neutral wire to the white wire from the dishwasher. Also the dishwasher must be grounded properly.

Good luck.
Gene.
sno-twister  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 11:24:01 AM(UTC)
sno-twister

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the power is correctly connected. It is hardwired to the junction box. We bought this new and I installed it seven years ago. It has been working fine until only recently.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 11:29:55 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In such situation most likely the problem is a bad control board.

- The part number for the new control board AP3775964

- Here are the break down diagrams for the Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model KUDS01IJWH0

Gene.
sno-twister  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 11:35:06 AM(UTC)
sno-twister

Gene,

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a way to verify that it is not the touch pad? I had the touch pad assembly off last night and tried to read the switches with a digital meter. I could not get a reading on any of them. Do they require power to activate? High resistance? Thanks.
sno-twister  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:52:10 AM(UTC)
sno-twister

Well, I replaced the control board and it worked great for about the first half of the wash cycle. Then, dead. Nothing at all. Verified power to the junction box. Then checked the thermal cut off fuse. The fuse was open. Replaced the fuse as well and all is good.:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply