Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Klavender  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 1:20:44 PM(UTC)
Klavender

Groups: Registered

[FONT=&quot]I have a Maytag Dishwasher Model Number MDB7100AWQ that has a heating element that is no longer working. First indication of a problem was that the liquid soap was leaving deposits on some dishes. In troubleshooting I am running a Light Wash with Heated Dry selected. The dishwasher operated normally until the timer hit 37 minutes and the Heating Delay light came on. It has been like that for way more than expected. The water temperature is not increasing perceptibly if at all.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What is the next step to narrowing down any control card, thermostat or heater failure(s)? [/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 4:31:08 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is your parts breakdown includes a wiring diagram
Model MDB7100AWQ

Check the heating element (10 to 30 ohms) and the limit thermostat (0 ohms)

Remember to disconnect at least one side of any device you measure to ensure you do not read an alternate/parallel circuit path. Also remove power from the unit (leave door slightly open)
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Klavender  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 8:24:58 AM(UTC)
Klavender

OK, I only have a x1K scale on my analog meter but the resistance of the limit thermostat is 0 ohms and the resistance of the heating element is about a needles width greater in resistance which should equate to about 10 to 30 ohms.

Where to next?
denman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 10:59:53 AM(UTC)
denman

Been trying to find some additional info for you, have had no success.

Next I would check the thermistor
Also check across the heating element for volts when it should be on just to make sure that it is not getting voltage and we are looking in the wrong area.
Klavender  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:32:13 PM(UTC)
Klavender

I have not given up or fixed it yet.... I checked the thermistor and the resistance changed with a change in temperature. The resistance was around 80k. (80 on the Rx1k scale). I also waited until the Heating Delay light came on and read across the heater and across the heater and the thermostat, neither resulted in a voltage measurement with the washer running.

For some reason I do not have an allen wrench the right size to take apart the door. I will get that tomorrow. I am going to check the connector(s) on the control card that are associated with the heater and thermostat and run a continuity check through the whole loop if possible. I guess that if the connector is good and the continuity of the whole loop is good then I am looking at a new control card….. Thoughts????[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
denman  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 2:03:52 AM(UTC)
denman

Yes I agree with you. Check the wires from the control board down to each component for continuity.
If all OK then by the process of elimination all that would be left is the board itself.

The board looks like it has two relays on it, one of them is probably for the heating element.

The board is going to run $150.00 approximately, so now you have to decide is it worth putting that many dollars into the unit?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply