Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
elayr  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 10:59:10 AM(UTC)
elayr

Groups: Registered

I opened my Whirlpool dishwasher (GU2275XTVQ0) and the door went into a free fall. I found a small black rubber piece on the floor and identified it as Part AP3175245, Friction Sleeve, the rubber had split. I looked at the exploded diagram for the door opening mechanism, however, I could not find where it goes. Can someone help me out? I'm sure it it fairly simple, yet again, so am I! Thanks - elayr
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ahack2  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 11:41:27 AM(UTC)
ahack2

OMG, the same exact thing happened to me.
My unit isn't even 2 years old yet to boot.
at first I didn't even realize that black little piece was from the dishwasher,
until I noticed the door has no resistance any more when you open it.
I looked over the schematic also and did not see such piece in the diagram at all.

Have you figured out how to fix it yet?

Thanks
elayr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 2:17:01 PM(UTC)
elayr

Hey there ahack2 - the part, AP3175245, is available from AppliancePartsPros.com. Check it out. The part is pretty simple to install. It requires removing several screws in order to pull the dishwasher out from under the counter about six inches. There is an arm at bottom of the door the friction pad slips over (look at the side that still okay). Any questions, don't hestitate to ask. elayr
ahack2  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:17:15 AM(UTC)
ahack2

thanks so much, now to install..
Should be here in a day or so, so will see how it goes

thank you again
wishdash  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:27:06 PM(UTC)
wishdash

You have been a member since:: 12/10/2011(UTC)

I had the same problem. I had to pull the dishwasher out about five inches-there are two threaded legs underneath that I had to turn in before it would wheel out. There is a spring mechanism on each side of the door that helps the door to raise/lower. The sleeve slides over the arm that these springs connect to. Temporarily unhook the spring. I could see where it went on the arm because the surface looked a littl different where it rubbed. Also, the sleeves are cheap but the shipping was a lot so I decided to experiment with making my own. I snipped about a 1/4 " off the end of an automotive heater hose. The door lowered a little slow at first, so I put a little plumbing silicone grease on one. seems to work fine so far.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply