Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jondoyle24  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:40:50 AM(UTC)
Jondoyle24

Groups: Registered

Hi,
My wife and i started noticing that our dishwasher wouldnt drain. I took it apart and found a few things in the bottom of a one way diaphram.
I disassembled the line from the pump back to the air gap and all the way down to the disposal and found no kinks or blockages.
I reassembled and ran again, same thing.

I searched this site and found another thread about non-draining issues and ran a rinse cycle. for the last 2 minutes there was a low sound from the bottom, that was kind of a buzzing and i saw and felt water in the line to the air gap. i believe it was moving, but i dont know how hard or fast since i DID see a few air bubbles moving inside the clear tube.

Can a pump be partially dead, i.e. not enough pressure to send the water back? i dont see any blocks in the line and dont want to start tearing it all apart.
thanks in advance. this is my first time to this site and its fantastic. i see alot of future purchases coming from here for me :0)

JON
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 10:00:16 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
A model number may help others help you

Model Number Locator
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Jondoyle24  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 10:41:49 AM(UTC)
Jondoyle24

Groups: Registered

Hi,
Ge Gld5700n00bb

i found an electrical schematic and some basic trouble shooting instructions folded up under the unit.

I entered the Technicians mode, and pressed option #2 which tests the Main Pump for 2 minutes. At the end of 2 minutes the water was still at the bottom.
I performed the same text option #3 for the Auxillary Pump. That ran for a minute and removed 100% of the water at the bottom. I than proceeded to refill the bottom of the unit with a few pots of water, ran Main pump test which didnt do anything.. and then ran Aux. pump test again which ultimately emptied the entire bottom again which i could see and hear emptying into the sink.

Im confused: the wiring schematic shows a pump. it doesnt show an auxillary pump...

Also, i broke out my volt meter and i have 120 volts at the pump.
this is all the troubleshooting ive been able to do so far.

thanks for anyhelp everyone.
J
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply