Discuss

GE Dishwasher - wont drain correctly/pump works?

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

Hi, My wife and i started noticing that our dishwasher wouldnt drain. I took it apart and found a few

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » GE Dishwasher - wont drain correctly/pump works?

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 06:40 AM

Jondoyle24 is on a distinguished road
Default GE Dishwasher - wont drain correctly/pump works?
Brand: GE   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi,
My wife and i started noticing that our dishwasher wouldnt drain. I took it apart and found a few things in the bottom of a one way diaphram.
I disassembled the line from the pump back to the air gap and all the way down to the disposal and found no kinks or blockages.
I reassembled and ran again, same thing.

I searched this site and found another thread about non-draining issues and ran a rinse cycle. for the last 2 minutes there was a low sound from the bottom, that was kind of a buzzing and i saw and felt water in the line to the air gap. i believe it was moving, but i dont know how hard or fast since i DID see a few air bubbles moving inside the clear tube.

Can a pump be partially dead, i.e. not enough pressure to send the water back? i dont see any blocks in the line and dont want to start tearing it all apart.
thanks in advance. this is my first time to this site and its fantastic. i see alot of future purchases coming from here for me :0)

JON

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a name known to all

A model number may help others help you

Model Number Locator
Old 03-12-2011, 11:41 AM

Jondoyle24 is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Ge Gld5700n00bb

i found an electrical schematic and some basic trouble shooting instructions folded up under the unit.

I entered the Technicians mode, and pressed option #2 which tests the Main Pump for 2 minutes. At the end of 2 minutes the water was still at the bottom.
I performed the same text option #3 for the Auxillary Pump. That ran for a minute and removed 100% of the water at the bottom. I than proceeded to refill the bottom of the unit with a few pots of water, ran Main pump test which didnt do anything.. and then ran Aux. pump test again which ultimately emptied the entire bottom again which i could see and hear emptying into the sink.

Im confused: the wiring schematic shows a pump. it doesnt show an auxillary pump...

Also, i broke out my volt meter and i have 120 volts at the pump.
this is all the troubleshooting ive been able to do so far.

thanks for anyhelp everyone.
J
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.