Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cvonhag  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2007 7:51:32 PM(UTC)
cvonhag

Groups: Registered

This 2 year old Kenmore Elite dishwasher (white) with stainless steel tub washes with the red left LED on and never gets to the rinse cyle middle LED. Water never warms up to normal temp. If I run the faucet till the water is hot it does run the full wash cycle, but the dishes are not clean. I've even run a hi-temp wash cycle and checked the heater to see it it feels hot. It's no hotter than the water in the tub. I suspect the heater but need confirmation. The heater is open (infinite ohms). Should a good heater have some resistance? The thermostat measures almost zero ohms.

I see the heater element Sears part # 8194200 comes with a control board, same for the appliancepartspro.com part number AP3841139. Trouble is both show the heater element with angled bends in it and the one in my dishwasher is more round. No bends. Is the picture wrong and if I order part AP3841139 will the element be round like the one I have?

All keypad buttons can be selected and de-selected. The LED's light up when each button is pushed. Keypad is not acting like a button is stuck.

Any help is appreciated.

Chuck
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 1:08:22 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This supplier data base may have errors, or the Sears data base, just call this site and explain problem.
cvonhag  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:46:53 AM(UTC)
cvonhag

The heater has infinite resistance, tested from the heaters connectors. Completely open is dead? Would I expect some resistance with a good heater?

Chuck
richappy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:35:05 AM(UTC)
richappy

Check other sites like the Sears site, or just call this site's parts supply phone # and ask if the substitute element will fit.
Admin / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2007 9:23:42 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Chuck,

AP3841139/8194200 element/control combo is a replacement for the older element that Whirlpool had a major problem with. That is why the control board is also included and the element itself has been changed.

This Whirlpool service pointer will explain and confirm everything for you.

- Replacement 8194200 from our site

UserPostedImage

This is from a Whirlpool 8194200 sheet:
— NOTICE —
This is an approved service kit for the parts
you ordered. The heater element and electronic
control MUST be replaced as a set.
Please use ALL the parts contained within

this kit to make your repair.

And this is the updated instructions sheet for this kit.
cvonhag  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2007 1:44:19 PM(UTC)
cvonhag

The heater element ordered fit just fine. The control board installed no problem. The only thing I might have done would be to replace the platic nuts that secure the heating element. My wife is very happy :)

Thanks
Chuck
TR1  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:11:31 AM(UTC)
TR1

I replaced the heater element and control board and all ran perfect until towards the end of the full cycle then the dishwasher went dead. I beleive the fuse blew. My concern is with the new control board and heater element is there a replacement (different) fuse to handle the change in heater element and control board? Model is Kitchenaid JUDS01DJSS1. Looking at Part # 8193762 Fuse for replacement. Thoughts?
richappy  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2010 2:55:33 PM(UTC)
richappy

It has been my experience that a blown fuse is due to the water temperature below 130 degrees and the heater automatically kicks in at a bad time when the motor starts up, thus blowing the fuse. Try raising the house water temperature.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply