Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tstang  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 1:19:13 PM(UTC)
tstang

Groups: Registered

I have a GE profile and after 3 years it stops draining all the way. There is about 1 inch of cloudy water at the bottom of the dishwasher. Older posts with the same issue state to remove the fine particle screen and sump. I do not know how to access these. I removed the lower spray nozzles and do not know what to do next. It is a Smart Dispense, quiet power 5. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:07:10 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tstang Go to Quoted Post
I have a GE profile and after 3 years it stops draining all the way. There is about 1 inch of cloudy water at the bottom of the dishwasher. Older posts with the same issue state to remove the fine particle screen and sump. I do not know how to access these. I removed the lower spray nozzles and do not know what to do next. It is a Smart Dispense, quiet power 5. Thank you.

Tsstang,

Could you get us a complete model number, so we can assist you better.

There are several units, and several variations of filters and pumps for that base model number.

Thanks,
:) :) :)
tstang  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:20:33 PM(UTC)
tstang

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Tsstang,

Could you get us a complete model number, so we can assist you better.

There are several units, and several variations of filters and pumps for that base model number.

Thanks,

The complete model number is PDW8680NOOSS. There is a plastic cage that snaps in and I took that off. After multiple tries I managed to pull out a safety seal from something such as a ketchup bottle. Once removed that seemed to fix it. Was there something else I should have checked to be thorough? Thanks for the quick response.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:25:26 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tstang Go to Quoted Post
The complete model number is PDW8680NOOSS. There is a plastic cage that snaps in and I took that off. After multiple tries I managed to pull out a safety seal from something such as a ketchup bottle. Once removed that seemed to fix it. Was there something else I should have checked to be thorough? Thanks for the quick response.

Tstang,

You've solved your problem, I'm sure.

I'm going to guess, but if the problem occurs again, actually you should probably check your filters and sump,once a year.

once you access the sump area,by removing the cover

Part number: AP3794552
Part number: AP3794552

and the sump filter

Part number: AP3794336
Part number: AP3794336

Carefully check and clean out any debris or scum that may have built up inside the sump assembly.

and run the course and fine filters under the sink faucet and clean those as thoroughly as possible, you may even use a "soft" scrub brush.

Glad you're up and running.

Good Luck,

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply