Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
james.hood@yahoo.com  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:32:30 PM(UTC)
james.hood@yahoo.com

Groups: Registered

I have a Hotpoint Dishwasher with what I think is a broken timer. All of the cycles are on a timer dial that you turn to set the cycle and start it. Long story short, it seems to stop at a few particular areas on the timer. We used to be able to set it for a delayed start of 1-5 hours, now if you put the dial there it doesn't move. We used to start it at "hot prewash" then it would advance through the cycles pots and pans, normal, light wash, rinse, then dry. If I move it past the "sticky" part of "hot prewash" it advances normally through all of the other cycles until it gets to right before rinse, where it gets stuck again. If I just manually move the dial past these sticky places, the dishwasher works fine. If I forget, the dial will get stuck in one of these two places and just keep running in that part of the cycle perpetually. I am a complete appliance repair novice, but it seems to be that this is a broken timer. What I am not sure of is if there is another part there in the control panel that could be causing this. If it is just a timer, how difficult of a repair is this. Is it something I can do myself with some good instructions (I am a computer repair guy, and can tear apart and fix a laptop, no problem). My preference would be to get the part and have a service pro come over and put it in for me. What does anyone think?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.